Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site review please

Hello

More or less ready to submit this site to search engines but would appreciate comments, suggestions, errors noticed etc. before doing so

Site is www.repdomproperties.com

Thanks in advance

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com
    Regards

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com

Re: Site review please

No need to "submit" your site manually ... they will come by it naturally, which is the preferred method anyway!

Nicely done! I have always had in my mind to investigate how much an "estate sized parcel" on the hill overlooking Casa de Campo would go for, especially in this market!

Not much really wrong here at all. I went through all the pages, and took a good look: just some minor layout tweaks (cleaning up the images, alignment, etc.), but it looks like you spent the time necessary to get it all down just right.

Congratulations!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, unfortunately your pages have a lot of side scroll for normal monitors. You are also building your pages to how it looks on your screen & not how BV recommends. Your pages are at 1207px wide & should be nearer the 985 mark. This might help.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Adrian,
        ditto re side-scroll.....personal obs:

Would it be better, or not, to be consistent with the name of this beautiful half of Hispaniola? Either Republica Dominica or Dominican Republic?
        On the home page the link to contact form doesn't work
        history page: Haite or Haiti?
        .....it's - no " ' ", just its
        when his ship the Santa Maria ship crashed - no need for
        "ship" twice
        dis-satisfied - no hyphen

Santo Domingo:
        include the not only the unique cobblestone 2 X "the"
        streets but some of the oldest buildings in all of the
        Caribbean.<
        always be included in your visit
        The Botanicals gardens - no "s" in Botanicals
        almost unique sorry! 1 of my pet hates LOL - something is
        either unique (meaning one of a kind) or not! Hence it's
        not possible to be almost unique :)
        to still enjoy - still to enjoy
        Ok that's all the time I have right now, but I can check the other pages if you like later - BTW I have happy memories of the DR,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I really like the color scheme of blues and the overall design is pretty good.
          Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hello to everyone and thanks for the comments and corrections all now hopefully amended.
            Vasili you should check it out there are a few "bargains" to be had and it is a great location.

Chris. I wish i had seen this at the beginning! I think this should be a Video Tutorial it sets everything out logically explaining the reasons for the sizes and the php version would certainly save a lot of work when items need to be changed. Just one question here. On the diagram you show for the Header/Side Bar/Footer do you actually mean placing boxes on the page as in the diagram and if so which tool do you use. It is a "Text Box" or "Image Box" for example.

Ahimsa. Thank you also for the page comment and the typo/grammatical errors all now duly corrected as is the contact link. Use of "/" instead of "." before php extension at fault! If you do spot any more please let me know.
            The mix of Dominican Republic and Republica Dominicana is an SEO matter as being a Spanish country the latter is the correct name and would be used by any Spanish speaking person in a search, even those who speak English so can understand the site if found. I am still looking to see if I can rearrange the text a bit to still use the two without it reading badly but I feel I need to keep the two versions in place. If you ever get the chance to come back to the DR let me know.

Robert thanks also for the comments. Have used similar colours with other sites in the past so have an bias towards blue.
            Regards

Adrian
            www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Still some side scroll, but good job.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Chris. I wish i had seen this at the beginning! I think this should be a Video Tutorial it sets everything out logically explaining the reasons for the sizes and the php version would certainly save a lot of work when items need to be changed. Just one question here. On the diagram you show for the Header/Side Bar/Footer do you actually mean placing boxes on the page as in the diagram and if so which tool do you use. It is a "Text Box" or "Image Box" for example.
                Hi, if i'm setting up a php page, i tend to make up a complete template of all the things that are common to all pages, including menu, header images & so on, but making sure they can be broke down into different areas. This also includes the centre area that will be differant in the respect of images & text on each page. But still put the frame work in to place for this area of the page. So when you have saved this as 1 template, you would then break it down into 4 templates & each one of these will be an individual page that is already in the right position to be placed on your main page, very much like having a page with 3 extra layers. These areas are all brought together on one page with a bit of php script that is inserted in the html boxes. Basicly! when somone clicks on your page, the 3 bits of php code calls for the other pages to come together all on one screen.
                I tend to make the pages this way as you can push the html boxes in the top right corner & guarantee all will line up.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Adrian,
                  OK - I understand the need for SEO optimisation...so, continuing-
                  I noticed that these changes are still there?
                  Santo Domingo: include the not only the unique cobblestone 2 X "the"
                  streets but some of the oldest buildings in all of the
                  Caribbean.<
                  always be included in your visit
                  The Botanicals gardens - no "s" in Botanicals
                  almost unique sorry! 1 of my pet hates LOL - something is
                  either unique (meaning one of a kind) or not! Hence it's
                  not possible to be almost
                  unique :)

Newly found:
                  La Romana: "...
                  the restaurants found whilst while strolling..." - either
                  "whil
                  st" or "while" - not both
                  Punta Cana: "...
                  pina colada amongst the most well known."<
                  "
                  Charters for groups are readily available either your own
                  private group or joining a mixed charter.
                  " What about:
                  "Charters for groups are available
                  : exclusively for your own
                  private group, or by joining others"

"
                  Although the night life starts late,.." - maybe "early" is
                  better?

"
                  The first one is located in Isla Catalina and even though is a
                  very small island being only 6 square miles has many special
                  features such as a superb coral reef which is perfect for
                  scuba diving, an array of sand dunes and a mangrove
                  swamp."
                  It's your site, of course, but I would write this para. so:
                  "The first one is located on Isla Catalina. Even though it is a
                  very small island - only 6 square miles - it has many special
                  feature
                  s: a superb coral reef which is perfect for scuba
                  diving, an array of sand dunes and a mangrove swamp."

"
                  Many tourists simply come here..."
                  "
                  The second is the beach on Isla Saona."
                  Samana: "...
                  not-to-be-missed..."
                  Santiago: "...
                  anywhere, however, after dark.."
                  "...anywhere. After dark, however,..."

OK - I haven't yet checked "Other Services" & "Legal Matters"....soon LOL
                  Other comments: all the "Rabbit" pages load slowly, due to heavy content probably? but just so you know.
                  AND, why haven't I yet seen any reference to "Sosua" My fondest memory of DR but many years ago - can be it has simply disappeared as I knew it?? Hope not.
                  Enjoyed reading about the island again.
                  david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi Chris and David. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I think I have done them all this time lol!
                    I have done a revision of the index page using the recommended layout Chris suggests which can be viewed at www.repdomproperties/Test10.html I would appreciate your opinions as to whether this is better than the current live version. If so I will use this to redo the rest of the pages on the site.

Thanks a lot for all the help. By the way Sosua has not disappeared I am working on the page for this which will be up on line soon and as you say it is still one of the nicest places here.

Yes the "Rabbit" pages are slow to load but as this is linked to the "point2Agent site" where the properties are listed on their database I can't do anything about it. The property listings are almost equally as slow when accessed direct from that site. As you say nodoubt due to the heavy content.

Kind regards
                    Adrian
                    www.repdomproperties.com
                    Regards

Adrian
                    www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Hi, links is not working?
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Adrian,
                        flattered that you took all my suggestions on board :)
                        still getting side-scroll but all else looks real nice!
                        david
                        PS - happy to hear that about Sosua....watching for your report he-he

Comment

Duh! Left of the .com....Should be http://www.repdomproperties.com/Test10.html
                          Sorry!!
                          Regards

Adrian
                          www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

David, Thanks your revisions were first class and definitely improved the reading of those sections. Would appreciate your opinion also on the link given above as this should remove the side scroll and I think improves the look of the site altogether.

Knd regards

Adrian
                            Regards

Adrian
                            www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Looking a lot better. One small thing that needs a touch of adjustment is the background image http://www.repdomproperties.com/bv01228.gif wants sending to the back as in Fire Fox it is nearly touching the words"Dominican Republic Ocean Front Properties" & i think sending it to the back might solve this.
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X