index page extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index page extension

Say my site is blahblah.com (i have no site yet)

can i use an extension within my index page on top of the domain name i have purchaced and can i have 2 index pages from the one hosting account?

That way i can promote that item and all its stuff on that one page and then basically do another website for the other!

e,g blahblah.com/fish.index (everything about fish!)

e,g blahblah.com/chips.index (everything about chips!)

blahblah is a dummy name!!

Thankyou for any help

Re: index page extension

blahblah.com/fish
    You would need to add a folder named "fish" (no quotes) in your public_html folder and publish an index page to the "fish" folder/directory
    blahblah.com/chips
    Same as previous except create and publish to the "chips" folder
    I'm not quite sure about the purpose
    Why not pave a page named blahblah.com/fish.html and a page named
    blahblah.com/chips.html ??
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

index isn't an extension, its a filename. As carbonterry has stated you can create a directory, and put a new index in the directory. Every directory on your website can have its own index file.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I think what im trying to say is have blahblah.com/fish.index = this is so i can build a site with sub pages just relating to this blahblah.com/fish/contact..etc,etc, and make another folder as you say so i can do blahblah.com/chips.index and branch out pages from this index relating to chips!(contact page,pricing page,etc,etc)

i was under the impression that the search engines crawl the index pages first,,,thus promoting that page,,

Thats was the purpose is to promote both those as 2 diffrent sites..
        i think i understand what your telling me!.

what your saying is basically yes..i can have 2 index pages and branch out from these!!

i think!

Comment

[quote=Justin B;307899]I think you are still misunderstanding the basics here. The index is a page name, one that has special significance, it is NOT an extension

blahblah.com/fish.index isn't a filename or path. It would be blahblah.com/fish/index.html (or whatever other extension you want to use).

It won't matter if search engines view you index first, they will go through your entire site unless told otherwise.

You can create a folder structure such as

you would then have index's at

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X