New and need help asap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and need help asap.

HI Heres the breakdown of what I would like to do...

I have a domain already which is hierarchyco.com.. I plan on building a company page with this domain using ofcourse BV.

Now in side of that page, I want to include an "online store" link within, to transfer customers to the online store portion of the comapny....

I would like to use hierarchyshop.com for this page... My question is, do I have to host 2 whole websites? Which can be expensive as ***...or do I just need to buy the second domain name (hierarchyshop.com) and publish that page...

I guess to clear things up, Im confused as to whether I can just make the online store page have the hierarchyshop.com domain....

Re: New and need help asap.

You need to buy two domain names, but you only need to pay for one Voda hosting account. One account can handle as many domains as you wish to have. Once you buy your second domain, look at the add on domain tutorial--it's easy to do.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I hope I posted this right, because I thought for sure that Id have to host 2 seperate websites...if not, and your right, Im so happy right now.

So I already own the hierarchyco.com domain, Ill just transfer that when I sign up for hosting...

So Ill build my companies info page at hierarchyco.com, then for the online shop, I can just buy the domain i want thru vodahost? Even though it will be a seperate website basically, I don't have to host 2 websites??

Comment

Youll be hosting both websites, but you don't have to pay for each separately. Think of your hosting package as a house, and a domain as a family member. You can have as many people living under you roof as you want. (Assuming its your "family", that is assuming you own the domain name, you can't host other people's domain name, you can't have your friends stay in your house)

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

right, so ill build the first website, under the one domain name i own already, then when time comes, build the other website under the other domain name that I would like....and just host both on one account...

I can even buy the other domain name I want now, and then just transfer both when it comes time to host, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by csvt18 View Post
            right, so ill build the first website, under the one domain name i own already, then when time comes, build the other website under the other domain name that I would like....and just host both on one account...

I can even buy the other domain name I want now, and then just transfer both when it comes time to host, correct?
            Yes, host as many domains under the one voda hosting account .. If you purchase your 2nd domain from voda host, which will be an add on domain in your control panel, you won't have to transfer that domain. You can simply then just log into your vbs (information found on the domain registration email) and change the dns information to your voda host servers (those found on your voda host information email) then you simply add the domain on in your control panel, create and publish another website, just as you have done your first, remember both sites need an index page - so create a folder on your computer in bluevoda>documents to hold the .bvp files (blue voda pages) that you create - since storing them in the same location would overwrite each other - right ... then when it comes time to publish you will simply add on the name of this domain after the public_html in the publish box that appears when you press publish .. at this time you may or may not have to add the .com or the extension of your website - note carefully how it is added on as a domain in your control panel and that is what you will use ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X