Connecting the pages once the pages have been published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting the pages once the pages have been published

I just bought a domain and i published all my pages i typed in my site main page comes up but when i try to go to other pages on my site via link i get an error message
    Not Found

The requested URL /Desktop/**** page.html was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at gamerchillzone.com Port 80

Can someone help me? and another quick thing after it is done can somone explain to me how to make my bvp files html that actually work

Re: Connecting the pages once the pages have been published

dont put spaces in the pages name and the bvp files turn to html once publish.

edit : also might want to remember to only post once of the same problem.
    www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Im not sure if i understand can you elaborate some more i'm a bit slow lol

Comment

When you save your pages, use only lower case letters, no spaces and no extensions (.bvp, .html. .php)
        Also in the error message you posted above you have /Desktop/ in the file path, this will never be there. Not sure how you are linking your pages as you did not post a link to your site. Give us a link and we can see what is going on.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

yea i just seen the desktop thing also, the pages are .bvp as for a link for his site :
          www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

http://www.gamerchillzone.com/ or now im lookin at
            Not Found

The requested URL /****.html was not found on this server.
            Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
            Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.gamerchillzone.com Port 80

These are probably dumb questions just trying to figure out how to do this correctly and i appreciate the feedback

Comment

If you want to change your bvp files to html, I BELIEVE they need to be published first and then you can grab the source code from the page afterwards.

I don't believe there is any other way, but I could be wrong.
              Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

thats what i was looking for tyvm

Comment

Working...
                X