X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE POO MOOVER is here!

We're live and want your opinions! http://www.thepoomoover.com
    Last edited by sella; 05-21-2009, 03:28 AM. Reason: forgot to enter link

THE POO MOOVER - Does this get your attention, what do you think we do?

Hello. If you guessed "WE MOOVE POO" You're right. We are a new company, THE POO MOOVER, dedicated to help reduce and/or eliminate WMSD's in the equine industry relating to feeding, waste removal and safety, with our newly designed products. We try to use humor and bling to do this as with horse people, it's all about the "BLING". We would appreciate your reviews and comments. Thanks, Sella and Stella.

Comment

Re: THE POO MOOVER is here!

Some of your links are not working, a very large side ward scroll as well. You will get there..
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Please DONT duplicate posts..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You're overall design is not bad, but you need to fix things up a bit. I got some suggestions for you to make it look cleaner (a little pun).

* Too many fonts - try to stick to two maximum, and try to keep it generally all around the same size, except for headers and such. It looks a little bit chaotic.

* Cut down on the bells - When people first make a website they tend to put in a lot of moving, whirling things. Although they are nice, and cute they distract from the content and make it frustrating to read. You want the focus to be on your service and not a pair of boot, right? (because that's what I kept looking at :P) *Besides they are considered outdated now, and have become sorta tacky*

* Too many colors - from what I can see, you two main colors are brown and green (interesting choices, I assume they relate to what you move?). But then I see yellows, blacks, silvers and grays. I would try to cut it down a little if possible.

Over all your site design does work, and I like the the pictures. It just needs to be overall simpler, and tighter on the layout scheme.

Keep it up, fine tuning websites is a never ending journey. =)
          Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Sella

Love the concept and memorable domain name :) I liked the feel of your website and the humour.

It took quite a while to download - there were a lot of page elements (over 50 I think!)It would be an idea to simplify your page elements. You can check the KB size of each page under Tools/Pageweight.

Try to reduce the page weight.I found reading black text on a brown background difficult on some pages. I understand why you went for brown (The subject matter!) but maybe it would be best to retain elements of brown, while having the background white.

Great concept - goodluck :)

Comment

Thanks. This is very helpful. I've looked at page weight before but don't know how it works. I'll check again. Stella

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                Please DONT duplicate posts..

Karen
                Sorry, I'll be good!, I'll be GOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
                  Some of your links are not working, a very large side ward scroll as well. You will get there..
                  Any ideas on how to fix the large scrolling problem?

Comment

Originally posted by papabiker View Post
                    i don't get it. Seems like a whole lot of work for something that is confusing. What is your website really about again?
                    mooving poo

Comment

Your page is at a width of 9091px; (A Record)lol. Should be 985 or less.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Sella

The page weight just refers to how large the page is in KBs.
                        It also tells you how long a page could take to load in for a web visitor, according to their internet speed.

Eg. A page of 100KB or less should load in fairly quickly for everyone.

Comment

Looks nice and cheeky, unfortunately the "THE POO MOOVER" in green are very hard to read at times (depending on the background) and I think the font is a little bit too large.

Menu choice "Hep Yourself" - not sure if it's an attempt to do an accent of it the "l" is missed out but it takes you to a non-existent page anyway.

MOOV'IN POO - the links send your visitors off to another website, never to return. Trying opening the links up in a new page or tab. Incidentally why is this menu option in Caps and most of the others on lowercase?

By underlining POO MOVER, HORSEHOLD and POO~MOVEMENT it looks like these are links to other pages but they don't work. If they aren't links then I'd suggest removing the underlining to remove confusion.

I think you've still got a bit of work to do but it looks interesting so far. Keep it up.
                          www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                          www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

THE POO MOOVER has been improved?!!

Hello. Thanks to your many comments and critiques, we have been able to completely revamp and I hope improve our site. There are still a couple of pages we are working on, but would love comments on what we have done, so far, including your ability to hear the music. We have Real Player now and wonder if those with out that particular player can hear us. Thanks, Sella and Stella, www.thepoomoover.com

Comment

Re: THE POO MOOVER has been improved?!!

Hi, your page took about 20+ seconds to load with the 5898.33 kB background image, the music didn't play in FF until the page loaded. The page has a lot of side scroll because of being 1255px wide & not the recommended 985px mark. You should also only have one thread per review to save multiple threads on one site.
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X