please review my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please review my site

I have posted my site once before, and I have made some changes to it so please view and review it for me again as I am interested in making it as professional as possible.
    my site is http://firstbiblebaptistberkshire.com
    $T3V3

Re: please review my site

Very Nice, well done
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by steve-d View Post
      I have posted my site once before, and I have made some changes to it so please view and review it for me again as I am interested in making it as professional as possible.
      my site is http://firstbiblebaptistberkshire.com
      I really like your page. I am a little confused by the main picture...is your church in one of those buildings? If not maybe you should have a picture of your church somewhere on the page also.

For consistancy, on the staff page under "Pastor" the paragraphs should all start at the edge with space between like all the other pages under the other pull downs. And, I realize this page is under construction still I think there is a lot of empty space that wasn't evident on the others.

I think you did a good job of telling us about your church. Maybe you could at a map to it's location? Just a thought. Very nice page overall.

Comment

thank you for the tips they are really helpful.
        $T3V3

Comment

Nice website, fits together nicely. I think it's a bit thin though, which makes a lot of white space at my resolution level. I suggest widening it some or maybe adding a warm gray or blue to the background instead of white.

Great work! =)
          Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

PapaBiker: Welcome to the BlueVoda family. Hylith's comment was his review, which was specifically asked for. It was polite.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

well with it alrdy being a light blue i can see why a warm grey or blue color in the background then white might make it nicer , not saying it isnt alrdy nice its a really great layout. as to how he said it , i see no rudeness it is a review and its were people are asking for your option which he just gave.
              www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Steve-d: The site looks nice. You might think about replacing the skyblue shape at the very top of your page with a repeating background image. An image like that automatically fills the width of whatever monitor a visitor is viewing with. See my CLAMcentral page (below) to get an idea of what can be done. Right click on my page and choose "View background image" to see what the tall, narrow image actually looks like.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBiker View Post
                  You know Robert, I think that comment was rude! I think his site is actually much better than yours, so where does all this "expert opinion" come from?
                  From the looks of your website, you might want to practice what you preach!
                  It wasn't meant to be rude, IT IS thin on my screen.

As to about my website, I'll even admit it needs touching up. I am currently making a brand new one, as I rushed my previous website.

I never said I was an "expert" or it was my "expert opinion". Why the use of quotation marks? It's simply my opinion.
                  Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Please don't take this personally but I'm not sure I like your page.

Suggestions are:
                    - On your homepage I feel that you should have something about your church and what you're all about. If your church is a traditional looking building then show some photos of it (inside, outside, the grounds, your pastor, etc.),
                    - Possibly look at including a map so that visitors can find you,
                    - The photo of your pastor is a bit blurry, I'd suggest trying to eventually getting a *****er image which will definitely make it look more professional,
                    - Get rid of the adverts from the homepage and move them to your events page (possibly on one or either side of your calendar)
                    - Include a menu that is not Java scripted. The audience for my website is comprised of 25% Firefox users and one tool Firefox users have (and use) is called "NoScript". NoScript allows us to set what java can be used on a website we are viewing. The default is "disabled" until you trust the site you're viewing. Under "Disabled" your menu disappears without trace. With a word based menu at the bottom of the page, viewers can still navigate your site without disabling their security. At first I thought your page was only made up of one page but when I clicked on one of the photos I realised that there were more pages out there.

Hope this is helpful. Sorry if I have burst any bubbles.
                    www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                    www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

review my additions and improvements

I posted this site a long time ago and got good solid feed back and good tips. so please review it again as I have made alot of changes and additions to it. let me know.

$T3V3

Comment

Re: review my additions and improvements

and wed know what these changes and improvements are how?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: review my additions and improvements

This should be an extension of your original thread to save confusion & repeated comments. Original link.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                          X