No right click on page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No right click on page?

Is there a way to make it so that people can't right click on my page or on a pic (and try and steal pics)?

Re: No right click on page?

Well.. Yes you can install no right click.. but it wont STOP them or PREVENT them from anything. All you have to do is go to the bar of explorerer.. tools an VIEW SOURCE and guess what? Its all there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I didn't know that it was easy to get around that! Wow! Now I can steal pics from my life long enemy! lol

How do I install the "no right click"?

Comment

youd have to find a script that does it.. try dynamic drive .c om

This is at best an AMATUERISH attempt.. anyone that WANTS to steal will do it. Just that easy.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Can you suggest a better way? I've added watermarks to all of my photos, but there are some other things that would look really weird with a watermark. Like the little "teacup chihuahua" here:

Comment

not sure why you would worry about someone stealing your picture. how would they use them. by the way how did you get that picture? did you buy it, pay royalties. Karen is right, anyone can take whatever they want off the internet. putting watermarks on pictures for sale is a good idea, but with a little work you can take the watermark out. what will sell your pups, the picture or the real pictures?
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

It it very common in this industry to steal pics of dogs you don't own. A friend saw a pic of mine on someone else's site and they were claiming that it was their dog.
              I understand that watermarks can be removed, just as you can get around the no right click. There are enough breeders out there that don't do anything to protect their pics, that I feel like people would move on to something easier.

And while my pictures may not be professional, I do spend a lot of time taking them. I'm quite proud of them. It's not easy to get the dog to hold still, in the right position, ears up, ect. They aren't quite the halfass kind the most people use. So, THAT is why I don't want people to steal them.
              And what sells my dogs, is the entire package, my whole site. It might not be a video post card site, but compared to my competition, my site is a GEM!
              If you can't think of any other ways to help, that's ok. But you're not really in a position to tell me how to run my business. I asked a website question, please limit your answers to what can help. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Sally,

Here is Alien Dude's no download script.

Try it out and see.

No Right Click No Download

1]End of page tag
                <script language="JavaScript1.2">
                /*
                Alien's Right Click Deny Script
                */
                var clickmessage="Copyright Protection Tracking Enabled :: WARNING! Event Is Logged, Your IP Is Recorded."
                function disableclick(e) {
                if (document.all) {
                if (event.button==2||event.button==3) {
                if (event.srcElement.tagName=="IMG"){
                alert(clickmessage);
                return false;
                2] Between the head tag [top of the line]
                <META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you so much! Sorry to sound like a noob, but where do I put that? Just in a html thing?

Comment

Look closely at 1 and 2] which gives you instruction on where to paste the script.

Right click the background of your webpage in BV and select "Html".

Follow the above instruction 1 & 2.

Then republish your page.

Test it out on one page first and see if it works. [Dont test on index page].
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

First off the above script was not written by me. credit for that goes to a member of the Dynamic Drive team some time ago.
                      Second off you do what you can to deter people from stealing your images whether it is by using a right click script, deny view source, watermarking or flash or a combination of all.
                      the fact that people are only too willing to put this down with their bla bla bla knowhow of how people can get them. but fail big time in giving you any possible solutions. i've even heard people say that to disable right click is a annoying, I ask to who, and why were you right clicking.
                      These i have named above will not deter the hardcore but at least you have tried.
                      Remember most of the people that come to your site or mine know the basics so when they can't right click they get stuck, ok so they screen print that's were a watermark comes in handy. now if done right and positioned in the right place on the image it is very hard to remove without distorting. doing these deters a good 80% from stealing the other 20%!! Well your images would have to be dam good one ofs that would have to be worth a lot for them to even bother.

I personally would do what ever it takes, remember it's your site, your images, your decision.
                      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

dear sally; i'm sorry if you took offense to what i said. firstly, i did not say anything negative about your pictures or your website. i gave my opinion about people stealing pictures off a website, period. again, since it is so easy for someone to do that, i mearly asked why take the time to try and stop something that cannot be stopped. by the way i liked your site alot and know that you have spent endless hours on making the site. good luck
                        mrmagoo144
                        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

May this help too...

Zlatko

<script type="text/javascript">
                          <!--
                          var message="Don't try to right-click";
                          ///////////////////////////////////
                          function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
                          function clickNS(e) {if
                          (document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!docum ent.all)) {
                          if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
                          if (document.layers)
                          {document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document. onmousedown=clickNS;}
                          else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontext menu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
                          // -->
                          </script>
                          www.mercataworld.com
                          www.marradonconstructions.com
                          www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alien Dude View Post
                            the fact that people are only too willing to put this down with their bla bla bla knowhow of how people can get them. but fail big time in giving you any possible solutions. i've even heard people say that to disable right click is a annoying, I ask to who, and why were you right clicking.
                            I can't speak for everyone but I just want to make sure those asking are well aware that there is no way to prevent people from stealing your images, just ways to deter it, and most are not very good methods.

As far as the right click thing, there are any number of reasons to need to be able right click. Many people who have a modern browser with tabbing use right click to open a page in a new tab. Not to mention right clicking to bookmark a page. If a user has firefox or another easily customized browser there could be any number of other reasons to need to right click. Not to mention if you accidentally right click (or if you have a laptop with sensitive buttons) it is very annoying to have close out of a dialogue box that shouldn't be there to begin with (albeit some script don't use the alert function, they just simple dont do anything if you right click).

Blocking right click is going to drive away more website users then users that are going to steal your images... especially since right click isn't even a good preventative measure. Just because you relate right clicking as something only people who steal images uses doesn't mean your correct, or that you have the right to disable someones browser functionality for the sake of half ass'ed security.

Again I can't speak for others but whenever I go to a website that has right click disabled I almost always leave the website and find a different one that respects its users enough to not annoy them with key functionality removed. I'm sure I am not the only one that will leave a website for this reason either.

To the thread poster, yes your right now one should tell you how to run your business, I don't think anyone meant it in any manner other then a friendly suggestion. Take this advice or leave it but, its not worth losing sleep over something you can't control. The internet was designed as a tool for the free and open sharing of information, attempting to prevent this is counter to is original design. There's easily a half a dozen things you can do to deter people from stealing your images but when it comes down to it, they can all be bypassed. And those people who do bypass it, will take the images, and put them on their own website. They most likely are not going to put up the deterrents you did. Which means that all the people who were put off by your measures will just get it from the people who bypassed it.

As time goes on the percentage of people who only know the basics will dwindle, and are replaced with a generation of people who are computer savvy. Simple things like blocking right click, transparent images, removing the image menu, etc are going to work less and less.

Your best deterrents are watermarks, reduced quality images, and not putting anything you value on the internet. Perhaps in the photo itself have a sign with your company name/website address. Depending on how you do it it could be hard to remove from the image.

If your images are of so much value to you, copyright them. Create a webpage with a list of websites that have stolen images from you. If you any of those websites care to say they are not stolen and you have the copyright to prove it. Suggest to your customers or prospected customers not do business with the ones on your list because they are not trustworthy.

You won't win this battle on prevention, it's a fight of damage control.

Register/Login Script
                            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                            X