X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image issue in IE

Hoping someone can help me solve this problem:
    On this site, http://www.sgsmarketingrep.com/
    on the page titled 'Lines', there is a logo about 1/2 way down on the page called 'Cinders Slimfold'. When I view the page in Firefox, the logo is there. When I view the page in IE, it is not. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is, and how I can solve it?

(My favorite idea is to eliminate IE as an option, but that's probably not going to happen...LOL)

BTW - This site is still in progress, and by no means complete.

Thanks!
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

Re: Image issue in IE

rename the image, reinsert and republish .. it should correct the problem ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye, thanks for your response, however doing so didn't solve the problem. They do have a second logo, and I've chosen to use it for the time being instead so I can move on. At some point, tho, it would be good to know what has caused this, and how to remedy the situation in the future. It is odd, don't you think?
      Thanks!
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Hi Debi,

If you check your Awstats in cPanel you will find that a majority of viewers to your site uses IE and fireox and others are still trailing.

I would not suggest you ever thing of eliminating IE. It will be a foolhardy move on your part.

I just check your page Cinders barbecue Slimfold grills with IE8.

There is absolutely nothing wrrong with your page as claimed.

You should check the advance settings of your IE under Tools>Options and optimize the settings.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Debi .. yes anything "unsolved" is always strange isn't it .. hmmm .. I can only suggest that perhaps there may have been something strange with the image, perhaps it was an incorrect file .. images inserted onto blue voda pages need to be in jpg, gif or png formats .. perhaps it was another format, maybe one done up in photo editing software and was in raw format or something .. if you still have the image, check its file extension .. this follows after the name of the image .. like ... logo.gif or logo.png ... you would find the extension after the period in the name .. let us know ... tks and yw ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Zuriatman,
            I know, I was just kidding about eliminating IE because I personally prefer Firefox. And I used a different logo as stated above, so you are right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it now. Although the issue remains with the logo image I was trying to use.

LadyEye, yes, you may be right. The mystery is why if it's a format issue, it would work fine in Firefox. According to it's properties, it's a 600+ KB jpeg. When I get some time I'll explore the issue further, and if I figure it out, I'll let you know. Thanks again.
            Debi
            DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

While its definitely not a good idea to not allow people using any version of IE to use your website, its not entirely a bad idea to at the very least display a message to users using IE6 or older a message saying your browser is extremely outdated and you really should update to IE8 or use a different browser.

On some of my website (albeit most of my websites are geared toward those who if they are using IE know that its outdated and they need to upgrade), I just display such a message and I don't worry if doesn't look right in IE.

If webmasters don't start at least making those using IE6 aware that they are using a browser on the verge of being a decade old (if not dropping support for it entirely) then people won't stop using it until all the computer that run it have died. IE6 is a scurge that really should have ended years ago, but hasn't because the people using it haven't been forced to update or upgrade yet.

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Debi said...

(My favorite idea is to eliminate IE as an option, but that's probably not going to happen...LOL)
                I'm thinking she doesn't mean off her site--she means off the PLANET! :)
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

If that's the case then I support it... if its gone then people will have the choice of using a browser that stays up to date or just not use the internet.

Then again I don't work tech support so I won't have to deal with phone calls like.. "Yeah hey, umm.. when I turned my computer on today my browser wasn't there, where did it go".

And the inevitable... "My internet is gone, how do I get it back"

Oh, also I forgot to ask about the logo. Is this what you don't see in IE?
                  If so it's showing for me in IE6 (I can confirm is also shows in FF)

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Ha! So true.

That's her new logo. I saw the old one and it was just like she said; not working on IE even though all the others were. I'm guessing the image header was corrupt or something like that--I understand FF handles such problems better than IE.

Comment

BS!
                      Nothing wrong with IE, 6 or otherwise! Well, maybe with IE7 and IE8 as they try to address the failures of Vista and get ready for Vienna ...
                      And truth be told, FireFox is the archaic coded one, having been designed completely around the old NetScape coding --- that is why it has all the quirks and "issues" and will never be able to evolve beyond it (you should read some of their own Whitepapers!). The only reason it is popular is because it was one of the first "Free" browsers out there, and don't we know how everyone falls in love with 'Free"? When (if) people start really thinking, they will discover more intelligent "free" alternatives to Firefox .....

In the same vein, Opera is the best alternative to IE and far beyond the reach of Firefox altogether, and has been for years. The coding is rock-solid, and was one of the first to introduce Tabbed viewing, despite the common mis-conception it was FF.
                      Slimbrowser runs close behind Opera, and shares much of the same advanced features, again without all the glitches and issues plaguing Firefox. I personally prefer Slimbrowser, only because it has a minimized profile and slicker tools (and I can change the skins!) ...

Using a MAC? Rather than use the bundled version of IE, get Safari.

Until people actually start using other tools, they will have no idea how silly they appear to be "conditioned" into staying in the rut they are in.....

IMO
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

There must be a good Shakespearean quote I could lob back at you, Vasili, but I read comic books.

:)

Comment

LOL I know the feeling ... after sitting around the campfire long enough eating these damned beans, fancy words don't mean a thang, and more thought is being put into whether it's worth it or not to give a warning before letting go with a monster fart!

This "issue"/"discussion" simply will not go away, and has become a pet peeve of sorts, I reckon' ...
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Nothing wrong with IE6!!! You are surely joking... Despite FF's issues (which is besides the point in the IE discussion), it has at least been kept up to date with current web standards, which is more then you can say about IE. Over all of IE6's long list of shortcommings that is the biggest gripe I as well as anyone else who has handcoded a website has.

Register/Login Script

Comment

Well, now - Glad I came back to see what was going on here! And yes, I meant off the planet! Nothing gripes me more than being forced to use IE by a website. My Realtor MLS was a good example of that. I am a big fan of FF, I love it, but will take a look at Opera and see what I think of it. Correct Tom, that is the alternative logo.
                              I'm happy to have generated such a spirited discussion here :) Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!
                              Debi
                              DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
                              X