• Dance Website Review

Hi,

I am in the process of developing my website

Some links odn't work but i would like to know your throughts

www.creativedancecompany.com

Cheers

J

Re: Dance Website Review

Off to a great start, J! Looks like it'll be a good business.

Get in the habit of reducing the file size of your images; the dancer on the opening page takes time to download because the resolution is much finer than can be displayed on a computer screen.

I just took a very quick look; I'm sure you'll have specific and helpful responses as people check in.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

not a bad start! looks clean , only thing i see atm is the side scrolling and no "home" link on the bar :) also took me a sec to find the menu bar but i'm sick and tired hehe
      www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Hello,

Your screen is too wide, which causes a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, perhaps you should move the sign up form beside the large picture?

Also, your navigation bar should probably be below your title/header. Makes it easier to find. Otherwise your website look interesting and engaging, just needs to touch ups here and there =)
        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hi J,
          I like the overall feel of the site and the colour choices. Index page is a bit slow to load. A lot of your links are not working, But I suspect you know this. Just check the following to avoid future problems:
          The timetable link opens imetable.html
          & your FAQ link opens, %aq,html
          I mention this in case you upload these pages as, timetable and faq, in the future.
          great site keep up the good work
          regards,
          MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
          Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
          www.princess-bride.co.uk
          Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Looks nice but ....

- your pages are too wide. Can you reduce them to no wider than 1000?
            - your menu disappears when JavaScript is disabled (I use NoScript in Firefox as a standard security precaution and only turn it off for websites I know and trust) It pays to have a word based menu as well.
            - No doubt people have commented about white writing on black background. It all looks nice but can get hard to read at times.
            - Your terms and conditions are a real pain the way they are set up. With two boxes with scrolling and your page scrolling, I had to be really careful where my mouse was as the wrong stuff was always being scrolled whenever I got careless. Add that to the screeds of white on black and I gave up reading it.

Anyway, good luck, I see it's got a Google Rating of 2/10 already. Keep trying to get it higher.
            www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
            www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
            www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Working...
            X