This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car website

Hi I want to use your service but I want to use my own web template I created from frontpage , its a non flash site.
    The site itself is selling cars online , the cars for sale will be people advertising there own cars for sale with pictures and decriptions, I want them to be able to log in and upload there details and then pay for it by pay pal.
    At present i only have the template designed with the content.
    The questions I need to know is , can I use your sevices and edit text in your site software, will I be able to get a login for c ustomers to upload there details.
    Also is it possible to get a quick search box for differant makes of cars and models so the customers can search for there new cars online, many thanks Hope you can help me

Re: car website

Blue Voda doesn't have a database management feature built in, so it can't accomplish what you want. Soholaunch instead, the website builder that Vodahost provides for free with every account, provides database creation and management, querries, login for users, and much more. You can also insert your template, though i can not know if the one you have already designed is suitable for Soholaunch. I have even combined the two programs, using BV to create the page, and insert the template, and then created a I-frame in the page, and open shoholaunch pages in the frame, taking care to have the links in my menu bar relative to the Soho pages, opened in the frame. Definetely wou can do lots of things, with some experience.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thats great any idea how I access soholaunch when I register, will I insert the template into soholaunh or vodahost and can I edit text in soholaunch, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by daveball
        Thats great any idea how I access soholaunch when I register, will I insert the template into soholaunh or vodahost and can I edit text in soholaunch, thanks
        Please note that i don't know how your template is made and if it suitable for inserting in Soholaunch. With that said, after you sign up, you should install Soholaunch from your control panel, and then you simply type in IE www.yourdomain.com/sohoadmin and this takes you to the loggin screen for the administrator. Soholaunch requires templates made in a certain way, with footer, headers, and right and left side enders. Then, i also don't know if your template is simply an image or it has also menubars ecc. Soholaunch is a bit difficult, and it usually works better as standalone. Please note also that a certain amount of skills is required to deal with databases and setup of the querries you want.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks or your reply, does that mean that I can create a data base in sohohost and import it to vodahost or should I use sohohlaunch on its own, is the free version of soho an trial or is it the fukll version

Comment

Originally posted by daveball
            Thanks or your reply, does that mean that I can create a data base in sohohost and import it to vodahost or should I use sohohlaunch on its own, is the free version of soho an trial or is it the fukll version
            You can try to create a page in BV, open an I-frame in it, and open the Soho pages in the frame. This will allow you to easily create a template in BV, whilst for the database application you will use soho. I did this in : www.southernmarine.info/Linda using Open Realty instead of Soho, but the principle is the same. Vodahost provides you with the full version of Soholaunch with your account, you install it through your CP. Last, if you can use Soholaunch on it's own it will be better
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Is soholuanc a sister company of vodahost host and is soholauch as easy to navagate and user friendly as vodda , thanks

Comment

Soholaunch form what i know is a third party. Their homepage is here: http://info.soholaunch.com/http://forum.soholaunch.com/index.php? and their community forum here: http://forum.soholaunch.com/ . It is a WYSIWYG websitebiulder with many features, but not as easy or user friendly as BV, in my opinion. On the other hand, it has many, many features already built in. Visit their website for more details.
                Navaldesign

Comment

thanks for your reply just one more question, if I go through the vodahost and use soho launch, is the version I will get from soho a basic or is the the pro version, another thing is do soho launch give you a domain name as well as hosing for youe websit if I ws to go through them entirely, many thanks and thanks for your quick replies

Comment

1) We only supply the Pro version of Soho, the basic is is a waste of time.
                    2) You will provided with a free domain registration during the signup proccess.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It's the pro Version. Soholaunch doesn't give you anything, it's just a program. It is Vodahost who gives you a free domain name, BV, Soholaunch, excellent support, and lots of other programs than can be autoinstalled through your Contol Panel, ALL for free with a new hosting account.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

thanks for your reply, so if i register with blue voda get the domain name from you and make the site up in soholaunch with its pro version can I then get blue voda to host the website, and how will i transfer my details so u can host the site, many thanks

Comment

1) VodaHost is the web hosting company.
                          2) BlueVoda Is our website bulider.
                          3) Soholaunch is also a website builder.
                          4) You get a free domain registration when you sign up with VodaHost.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thats great I understand now , but if i create the website in soholaunch can it be hosted in vodahost and how? tthanks, ill sign uop on reply

Comment

All websittes create with Soholaunch via your Vodahost account are by default only hosted on VodaHost servers.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X