Review Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Please

Site name is http://www.safersecurityproducts.com it is Voda hosted and built with Soho.
    Open to any and all suggestions as I am getting a lot of clicks but not getting the sales.

Thanks
    Roy
    Redmond
    http://www.safersecurityproducts.com

Re: Review Please

Hi Roy,
    First up I have to say you have made a really professional-looking site! But that's just my opinion :) I don't see the "attractiveness" level of your site as a reason for lack of sales......I can only speculate that yours is a somewhat spe******ed market and, as you point out in your text, times are hard right now??
    For what it's worth, here are a few grammar/spelling observations I made, but I am impressed by how few mistakes there are LOL

About us: customer service to insure should be ensure

Home:
    and theloseof an estimated should be loss

Hidden Cameras
    :
    built in DVR's make them should be either which make
    them or that make them

Stun Guns: During the month of December maybe it's time to change
    the month? :)

Tasers: A built-in laser sights should be sight
    ...........and also enhances
    OK - I didn't go into the law stuff....
    good luck,
    david
    BTW - if you ever do a "special offer" on the pen cameras & you're able to ship out of the US LET ME KNOW! That's a cool item LOL
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Nice site!

I would make all the page titles uniform on the home page side bar. Also, consider making the title on each individual page uniform. See example below.

Stun Gun Page Title: stun guns,stun master,cell phone stun gun,z-force,talon mini (Space after comma. Caps or no caps? Keep your titles uniform.)

Pepper Spray Page Title: Pepper spray, Pepper Shot™, Mace, Bear Pepper Spray (You use caps except in 1 word.)

A few typos: (I just went through a few pages.)

Home Page:

- on a daily bases (basis)
      - 2 millon (million) in 2009
      - Because of the slow down (slowdown) in the economy and the lose (loss) of an estimated
      - would be assaults (would-be assaults)

Pepper Spray Page:

- 2 million scoville heat units. Cap Scoville since it is named after its creator, American chemist Wilbur Scoville
      - Pepper Shot swells the mucous membranes (I would insert the TM here too just to cya)

Stun Gun Page:
      - where others ave (have) placed restrictions
      - check this on the followin (following) link. Or on the side menu. (I would make this 1 sentence.)
      - purchase 3 or more items fron (from) this page

Links2 Page: I had a hard time seeing the difference in color between the green links and the black print.

I would suggest going through each page and cleaning it up so it appears professional.

Good luck!

P.S.: Personally, the reference to state laws on each page kind of freaked me out and I probably would not purchase something because of it. Do other sites do this?

Comment

In Soholaunch, I believe it is possible to specify the order of your Menu links, and I would suggest you re-order how your left Menu links line up -- they really do not make as much sense as they should. Normally, for instance, the last links should be (top to bottom): Our Links, Policies, About Us, Contact Us. I would also suggest putting "Tasers" above "Stun Guns" that way you can keep the order better looking: Tasers, Stun Guns, Stun Gun Laws, Our Policies.
        PS: Do you really think you need two "Links" Categories? That's pretty odd, especially when you should be able to fit them all on one page in Soholaunch.

You should also try to capitalize the first letter in each word on each menu button: i.e. "Company policy" to "Our Policies". I would also change "Home Page" to simply "HOME" (all capitals). Instead of "Survellience System" (which is fighting for space on the button) why not just list the Category as it should be, as "Survellience"??

And rather than join in with all the spelling and grammtatical errors, I will just point out that when you use red font color to emphasize importance, it is important to be absolutely correct in what you declare: change "none lethal" to "non-lethal."

Things like visible logic (the order of navigation, organization of site) and professional demeanor (spelling and composition) have a lot to do with building the credibility that builds the confidence that leads to conversion (sales). maybe a little more Content would help to "pre-answer" any questions, or to somehow extend more of an "invitation" to purchase with satisfaction assured. Did you ever think about making some kind of Buyer's Assurance or "Satisfaction Guaranteed" policy being very prominent? People want to feel they aren't getting stung or stuck.

Other than these things, I think you did really well using Soholaunch. I imagine it took a lot of time to plan and then do!
        BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

Thank you folks for the great suggestions and I am making changes now. I will also try to get my wife to proof read for me as she is very good at that where I am very bad at it.

I am a little confused about what you mean by ( I would make all the page titles uniform on the home page side bar. Also, consider making the title on each individual page uniform. See example below. ) are you suggesting that I should make them all even on the left side? Maybe you could clearify that one for me.
          Roy
          Redmond

Comment

To PapaBiker,
            Yes I think I know what you mean. I have been trying for some time to find a basic templet in Soho that would let me do what you have suggested but making changes in the headers and colors I find to be limited.
            Thanks for your suggestions and I will work on that one
            Redmond

Comment

Hi,

I'll try to make this clearer. Sorry for the confusion.

Your sidebar on the left which lists the different pages within your site, I would suggest keeping the titles uniform by either starting each word with a cap or not. For example, you have Company policies, about us, contact us, Home Page, etc. I am suggesting making them uniform by starting each word with a cap. For example, Company Policies, About Us, Contact Us, Home Page, etc. I would suggest the same for each separate page title. Some page titles use caps, some use a mix, and others don't use caps at all.

Comment

Thank you Jarndt2552,

You cleared that up very nicely and you are correct. I will work on that also.

Thanks again to all and keep the good suggestions coming.

Roy
                Redmond

Comment

OK, I have run into a little problem here. I was trying to edit the name of the pages as some one had suggested but I don't find a way to do that without deleting the page and making a new page to replace it.
                  That would mean I would have to completely rebuild all the pages which is a NO NO.

Does some one have an answer to this one other than downloading the page info and then uploading it as a new page?
                  Redmond

Comment

Try renaming the page, example "index" to "index1" then you can rename it!
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Sharon,
                      You completely lost me on that one. If I could rename the page index1 without deleting it and making a new page I could rename it Home instead of home page.
                      Redmond

Comment

Originally posted by redmond View Post
                        OK, I have run into a little problem here. I was trying to edit the name of the pages as some one had suggested but I don't find a way to do that without deleting the page and making a new page to replace it.
                        That would mean I would have to completely rebuild all the pages which is a NO NO.

Does some one have an answer to this one other than downloading the page info and then uploading it as a new page?
                        Just save the page as instead of save.. give it a new name.. put it on the menu and then delete the other page.. all your information will be there without making a NEW page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by jarndt2552 View Post
                          I'll try to make this clearer. Sorry for the confusion.

Your sidebar on the left which lists the different pages within your site, I would suggest keeping the titles uniform by either starting each word with a cap or not. For example, you have Company policies, about us, contact us, Home Page, etc. I am suggesting making them uniform by starting each word with a cap. For example, Company Policies, About Us, Contact Us, Home Page, etc. I would suggest the same for each separate page title. Some page titles use caps, some use a mix, and others don't use caps at all.
                          You never mentioned anything about the Menu button titles, capitalization, or how to make them "fit" on the buttons --- I did! I would appreciate you not trying to take credit or assert yourself in my position or put words in my mouth.
                          Originally posted by GulfCoaster View Post
                          In Soholaunch, I believe it is possible to specify the order of your Menu links, and I would suggest you re-order how your left Menu links line up -- they really do not make as much sense as they should. Normally, for instance, the last links should be (top to bottom): Our Links, Policies, About Us, Contact Us. I would also suggest putting "Tasers" above "Stun Guns" that way you can keep the order better looking: Tasers, Stun Guns, Stun Gun Laws, Our Policies.
                          PS: Do you really think you need two "Links" Categories? That's pretty odd, especially when you should be able to fit them all on one page in Soholaunch.

You should also try to capitalize the first letter in each word on each menu button: i.e. "Company policy" to "Our Policies". I would also change "Home Page" to simply "HOME" (all capitals). Instead of "Survellience System" (which is fighting for space on the button) why not just list the Category as it should be, as "Survellience"??

And rather than join in with all the spelling and grammtatical errors, I will just point out that when you use red font color to emphasize importance, it is important to be absolutely correct in what you declare: change "none lethal" to "non-lethal."

Things like visible logic (the order of navigation, organization of site) and professional demeanor (spelling and composition) have a lot to do with building the credibility that builds the confidence that leads to conversion (sales). maybe a little more Content would help to "pre-answer" any questions, or to somehow extend more of an "invitation" to purchase with satisfaction assured. Did you ever think about making some kind of Buyer's Assurance or "Satisfaction Guaranteed" policy being very prominent? People want to feel they aren't getting stung or stuck.

Other than these things, I think you did really well using Soholaunch. I imagine it took a lot of time to plan and then do!
                          BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

Thank you Karen, That is what I needed to know and couldn't find it in the videos.
                            Redmond

Comment

You can also DESIGNATE which page appears as the HOME page or index page at the top of the edit pages in the drop down.. top left.

You can also get someone to EDIT templates for your or design templates for you. I just did one here...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X