A student's request for extra money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A student's request for extra money

A student called up his Mom one evening from his college and asked her for some money, because he was broke.

His Mother said, "Sure, sweetie. I will send you some money. You also left your economics book here when you visited two weeks ago. Do you want me to send that up too?"

"Uhh, oh yeah, O.K." responded the kid.

So his Mom wrapped the book along with the checks up in a package, kissed Dad goodbye, and went to the post office to mail the money and the book. When she gets back, Dad asked, "Well how much did you give the boy this time?"

"Oh, I wrote two checks, one for $20, and the other for $1,000."

"That's $1020!!!" yelled Dad, "Are you going crazy???"

"Don't worry hon," Mom said, kissed Dad on the on top of his bald head, "I taped the $20 check to the cover of his book, but I put the $1,000 one somewhere between the pages in chapter 15!"

Re: A student's request for extra money

Cute and so true I'm sure.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

I guess the boy never opened the economics book and got shocked when he came home and his mother opened the book and drew out the
      $1000 check. What a shame?

Comment

lol ^_^
        www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Just noticed something, emma & sharon are both holding a mug...
          Best Regards,

Foo

Comment

Originally posted by mingswanfoo View Post
            Just noticed something, emma & sharon are both holding a mug...
            LOL, I just noticed that now,,,,,,

Comment

Well if their son is anything like some of the people I know, he's just going to sell his econ book back to the bookstore once it arrives... and the next person who buys it is going to have a nice surprise waiting...

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Watdaflip,

I think the bookstore usually check the contents first, right? Haha...
                Best Regards,

Foo

Comment

Originally posted by mingswanfoo View Post
                  Watdaflip,

I think the bookstore usually check the contents first, right? Haha...
                  Nope, at least no where I go to school. They just scan it, tell you what they will pay to buy it back, and it goes back on the shelves. I have yet to see them even look at the condition of the book at any point in the process.

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I know a similar situation regarding a book and money. I worked with a friend of mine and his wife went to england and ran low on cash. He taped 3 one hundred dollar bill in a new book. She called three weeks later asking what happened to the money thats was do be sent. He asked her have you got the book I sent she said yes about ten day's earlier never even opened the book. Daaaaaaa That was about twenty five years ago when a hundred dollar's was worth a little more than today.
                    sigpicJoe
                    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
                    X