No announcement yet.

No underline on linked words. Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No underline on linked words. Possible?

Hello,

I would like to create text links to other areas of my website (easy enough) but when I change them to a link, it creates a tacky underline which I do not like.

Is there a way to create the text link without having it place an underline, I mean besides having to change the text into an image? I don't think it's possible, is it?
    Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Re: No underline on linked words. Possible?

Yes you can

When you highlight the text and put the url in, you can also change the link style (appearance) , change colours, add/ remove underlines and so on for linked, visited, active & hover

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

As a so called website designer you should know this as a basic first step. but as darren has given you the answer you should be ok. just hope none of your clients see this post.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you Darren,

Alien Dude, I just always used images or underlines. And don't have that much experience with blue voda... didn't want to use html as it creates a box and it's annoying to position.
        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

A designer is going to be familiar with more than one format. 80% or so of the sites hosted on vodahost are not blue voda built.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, I think I know what you mean, and I also found this very irritating at first.
            After you type the text and you want to link it, on the page you add the link there is an option which says "edit style" click on that, and opt to add a style.eg style 1, each style gives you 4 options, 'linked" "visited link" " active link" and "hover link" for you to choose whether you want highlighted, colour , underline etc. The underline is by default and it always comes up unless you unmark that option. Note also that each time you create a style, you can use that style by its number eg style1 style2 etc on any of your pages.
            It took me a while to figure this out as there is no documentation at least not that I know of explaining all this in detail.
            Please let me know if this was usefull.
            Nadia Bodikian

Comment

Working...
            X