Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review for labour hire and recruitment agency

Hi Guys,

First time publishing my website. We are a labour hire and recruitment agency in Australia catering exclusively to the Dental Professional.

At this stage, I will just like comments on design, colours, layout, overall look and feel etc. I think the pages load a bit slow so if you have any suggestions on how to speed it up, I would appreciate it.

The content is not yet finished and I have not done a final spell/grammar check so I am not too concerned about these things at the moment.

www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Hope you like what you see and look forward to your constructive criticism and suggestions.

Many Thanks.
    Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel

Re: Review for labour hire and recruitment agency

Looks Great But..You have sideward scroll and most won't even see ti..Also center your first page.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

I knew that was going to be a problem when I looked at someone elses website review. Back to the drawing board *sigh*

Thanks for the comment.
      Rowena

Comment

You will get there..Always working on it..Ha Ha
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi,

Sharon must be using one of those latest teeny weeny Laptops.

I have no problem viewing.

Your Main Header text is a bit too large for me.
          Maybe a redesign for the header would be my suggestion.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Front page has right-side deviation!
            Also, enlarge texts into the site pages - small text NOT ATTRACTIVE AT ALL!

Get more colors - it still dental - not funeral!

Comment

His screen is exactly the same as mine 1280 by 800 resolution. But if you put it any lower you get a side scroll. Best to keep pages around 975 in width, since a lot of people still have lower resolution screens.

Overall though, you design is very nice and fluid, maybe lighten up the header a little bit though =)
              Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments. I will make some changes and see how we go.
                Rowena

Comment

Nope, I have a 21 inch screen..
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

Ok, I have made some changes to lay our and design, size and resolution and taken all comments on board. Some pages are still under construction and from what I can tell, all the links are fully functional bar one, the employee downloads page.

If you coud all please look at grammar, spelling, ease of navigation and what you think about the content. Is it too much information? Not enough?

Thank you in advance.
                    Rowena

Comment

Hi - looks like a great service. I detest going to the dentist - but I want the nicest and most professional service while there!

Once you finish putting the content into your pages, remember to change the title tags. Currently, they all say 'home page'

I was a little concerned that you'd be able to manage a service like this without some kind of database to help you keep track of it all.

I would not have the first page with the picture of the link - for 2 reasons:

1. People often become annoyed when they see a screen they have to click through to get to the homepage.

2. It can make seo (search engine optimisation) a little difficult because it's hard to optimise a page that only has a picture of a link on it!

I understand the message behind the link, but perhaps that could be communicated in a logo?

Your logo just says 'the link' and I think to use 'the link dental personnel' would solidify your name more in web visitors minds.

I thought your site looked well put-together but the thought occured to me that I would prefer a 'cleaner' looking site for a dentist-related site - something with large amounts of 'white space'. Might be personal preference though!
                      A lot of health-related sites look very muted with loads of white space.

I didn't spot any grammar or spelling mistakes in the pages I looked at and also didn't think there was too much information.

I think you've done a great job - I just personally have a preference for a 'cleaner' looking site in regards to health etc.

Comment

Sunchaser,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will probably get rid of that 'Enter Site' page as its starting to annoy me too.

I'm not sure yet how to change the title tags but I will look into that also.

With regards to the cleaner look and more white space, I appreciate your view point on that, I will play around with the colour scheme a bit and see how it looks with more white.

About the database, this is where MySQL comes into it? I have a friend who will be helping me with that. It's way over the top of my head.

Sincerely appreciate all your comments.
                        Rowena

Comment

Hi :)

To change title tags you simply right-click on an empty spot on a page, click on properties and then type something into title.

This is extremely important to your seo efforts. The titles that you put in for each page will become the clickable titles that you see in search engine results.
                          Choose titles that sum up each page, using the best key phrases for the page.

You can use MySQL for your databases but you would need a special program to suit your specific needs. If your service doesn't grow too large & complicated etc you might be ok with the site you have.

Comment

Hey I got rid of my intro/splash page too... it's just precious seconds that is sort of a waste of time. Plus it's not "in" anymore.
                            Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Sunchaser,

Thanks for advising how to change the name of the pages.

I have redesigned the layout and left a lot more white. I haven't linked it up to anything yet but could you please tell me if I'm getting any closer to a 'cleaner' looking website.

www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com/index1.html

If not, can you be more soecific about exactly what you think I should change, recolour, or remove all together.

Many Thanks.
                              Rowena

Comment

Working...
                              X