Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addon Domains and SEO

Hi out there -

My main domain is procarechiropractic.us. I also own procarechiro.com, and had it transferred to Voda.

I had some traffic w/main domain on another server, w/9 or so inbound links. But I think the main URL is too long, and would like to switch to the 2nd.

Correct me if I'm wrong: I can use procarechiro as an addon, with its own URL. I can publish content to it via a subdirectory of the longer URL

Question #1: If I have two sites (long main URL, and short URL) with the exact same content...isn't that a major no-no?
    Question #2: How can I efficiently phase-in use of the short URL without upsetting Google, and get 'credit' for the inbound links for the procarechiropractic.us URL. Some kind of redirect?

Oh. And then there's the inbound links for www.longURL vs. no-www longURL difference.

What's the best way to handle this and keep my SEP points up there?

Thanks for being patient.

Re: Addon Domains and SEO

Do a 301 redirect from the long url to the short url.

You can do this via an htaccess in the root of the long url or you can do it on the site pages.. htacess in the long run is the best way to go as you can add all the pages to it and redirect them to the shorter pages in one file.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Addon Domains and SEO

Hi Karen -

Thanks for getting back to me.

Question - What do you mean by "You can do this via an htaccess in the root of the long ur" How exactly do you do that? And does that make it possible for me to use the procarechiro.com url instead of the longer one?

Sorry, I'm just kind of ignorant about these things.

Comment

Working...
      X