new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new website

Hi, I already host a website by Vodahost. Now I would like to host a second one (another activity) with a total different name. I have to registrate the new name (costs 19,95). What are the costs to host the second website?

Re: new website

None.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks Tom.
      By using a add-on or a subdomain, I always see the name of my main domain isn't it?
      But I don't understand, I paid for hosting of the first website about 100 dollars, why don't I have to pay this for a second one?

Comment

As you suspect, there are two things to pay for: The hosting package and the domain name or names. VodaHost allows you to add as many domains to your account as you like at no charge, except for each addition name. It works like this:

Subdomain: Since this isn't really a true domain, it's free. But your URL (that the viewer uses to get to your site) will look like this: www.subdomain/originaldomain.com

Add-on: Is a true domain and has no connection at all to your original domain.

Comment

OK I think I got it. If I did well understand you, I have to purchase the new name and registrate it as a add-on domain? And than the visitors only see the url of the new website?

Comment

Yep. Once you actually purchase a new domain name, you then use your cPanel to create what you need to add a new site. The cPanel video tutorials tell you how; it's pretty easy.

Once you've completed that, you would have a new .com (or whatever) and no casual viewer would see any connection to your old account unless you link to it from your new site.

Comment

Ok thanks Tom. The only remaining point: I already tried to purchase a new domain name which ends on .fr (france). I don't see it in the list. Those ending with .com or .info are already used.

Comment

If you already have a hosting account with VodaHost,
                it will cost you nothing and nothing for as many more websites you want to built, except you will have to buy the new domain names for the additional sites.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Aimee, you might not be able to buy a .fr from VodaHost, but undoubtedly there's a company in France that will sell you one. Then just point it to VodaHost as instructed by the videos.

Comment

I just purchased a new domain.fr which I pointed to vodahost. Now I tried to make a add-on domain with this new domainname, but at the end I received the message: Error, sorry cannot determine nameserver IPs, please make sure that .... etc. What did I do wrong?

Comment

I also visited the tutorials a few times, the tell me how to change the DNS, but they ask me also to enter a IP address. I might have made a mistake with the DNS: I entered ns1.voda33.com with IP 174.36.58.208. Do I have to enter ns1.newdomain.fr ? With what IP address? The one I use to upload?? or voda33? I don't know how to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Coucou ???

Comment

Could you please answer my 2 last questions, it still doesn't work. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I want to confirm Aimee's situation.

I have had one domain name registered with VodaHost since Nov. 2007. I paid for registration as well as for VodaHost hosting service - the monthly fee.

Now for my second entirely new domain, MyNewDomain, I have to pay only the registration fee whereas for hosting, the monthly fee that I pay for MyOldDomain will also cover the monthly fee for the new one.

Is that right?
                            Doable Personal Finance

Comment

wy.. yes..

Aimee i answered in your duplicated posts.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X