No announcement yet.

Please take a moment, I appreciate it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take a moment, I appreciate it.

Hello peeps,

I have made a new design website and I have tried to work out all the kinks. I may change some parts of it later but this is the initial design. May change the intro, and some images later but I had a deadline.

I am aware that the AI and PSD tutorials and article links do not work yet so please don't mind them.

I would like to know:

How do you think of the overall layout?
    Any broken links or paths?

Any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes?
    Any ideas to help the site?

Thank you very much in advance! www.rlkdesigns.com
    Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Re: Please take a moment, I appreciate it.

ok.. i love the feel of it its clean only thing i could find with a quick look around was
    Testimonials link : singlehut.com doesnt open up in a new tab like the others
    www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Thanks for you comments, fixed that link. =)
      Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

You really did a great job..WoW...Love it !
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Your Intro loads slowly and improperly (I have very high speed connection, so it is not on my end), and should be set to play without prompting. When it is played, it has only one real "identifying" purpose (showing the logo briefly) before abruptly ending, which gives it a feeling of being unfinished. Other than being an awkward diversion prior to visiting the site which displays some glitzzy effects rather than contributes to any promotional value or continuity, it would be better to remove it rather than have it become a detraction from the overall site 'credibility' posturing, IMO. Either develop it properly, or leave it out completely.

The overall site layout and design is nicely balanced, and the color scheme works well to appeal to Visitor's expectations. The slogan area needs re-thinking: not only does it reversely "competes" with the Main Logo, the text area is a poor representation of your abilities: it appears 'broken' with the text background not being joined or continuous, and is too 'busy' to communicate the emphasis clearly or effectively.

Not only do you still have a couple 404's (missing pages, a "no-no" when first putting up a site, as you want to avoid SE errors being cached), you need to change the "IBM" link and/or page title to lower case only.

These are the first things noted during a very cursory visit, and thought you'd like to have another perspective to weigh in.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

@SChajin - Thanks I appreciate your compliments and hope to improve it further as you are doing with your pages =)

@Vasili - Thank for you suggestions and comments. I agree with most of what you have said as I actually had those same thoughts but was not entirely sure.

Although, I am not sure why the intro load took long it was one of my worries and it seems about 2/10 people (while still saying they have high speed) say it's a bit slow while the others say it was fast. Not sure why, maybe the browser? - I was thinking about removing it, but it has had positive feedback, so I am unsure.

Working on those broken links now, just finishing up the tutorials and articles. (Trying to do too much, too fast).

Thanks again!
            Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Nice looking site. Just a couple of thngs below you might want to consider

A suggestion-- If you intend to leave the Intro, which as you have discovered for some people at least, me included, is slow loading, add a "Skip this intro" alongside the "enter website" box so that visitors know they don't need to wait. It is one of my pet hates on sites where you wait and then find it wasn't worth the time.

I also notice the "rss feed" keeps appearing as you mouse over the page. It's probably imbedded as the alternative text on page properties. I had the same problem once and it took me forever to find out why it was happening.

Also noticed:-

"If you feel we are the designers for us please fill out our quote form and receive a free quote"....Should the "us" not be "YOU"

Good luck

Regards

Adrian

www.repdomproperties.com
              Regards

Adrian
              www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hylith View Post
                @Vasili - Although, I am not sure why the intro load took long it was one of my worries and it seems about 2/10 people (while still saying they have high speed) say it's a bit slow while the others say it was fast. Not sure why, maybe the browser? - I was thinking about removing it, but it has had positive feedback, so I am unsure.
                Working on those broken links now, just finishing up the tutorials and articles. (Trying to do too much, too fast).
                Thanks again!
                I have certified High-Speed connection, believe me, so I presume it has something to do with how the file was formatted ... possibly even an after-effect from your uploading (your connection), if not in how the file was errantly "tweaked" without code correction?

LOL - "my browser"! Trust me, my system is perfected according to my demanding needs!

Like I tried to explain, the use of an Intro (especially one this poorly executed) for a 'Designer' site is boderline unprofessional, IMO, especially if it does not contribute significantly to communicating specific information effectively. You mentioned nothing about my comments on your header, but you may wish to consider alleviating both issues by losing the Intro and using a Flash Header instead ... at least that way you display some dynamics, have a better opportunity to project a message or emphasize various details (if you use textual slideshow), and simplify your build without providing a distraction to Visitors.

Don't bother scrambling to finish composing: put up a placeholder page ASAP so the SE's do not have a chance to register a missing page, broken link, or incomplete build (which will delay your next bot visit by as much as 55 days, and leave any "difficult to overcome" initial negative report in place!).
                And, when using Blue Voda, do not forget to title all pages using lower case letters ...... your "IBM" links will need to be globally changed as well.

This information is all "Web Designer 101" !!

Comment

Again, thank you for your comments.

I have made some changes and will fine tune others in time. Appreciate your information.
                  Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Please fix your signature again Robert.. Awesome seo tools is NOT vodahosted and competes with VODAHOST TOOLS provided by voda host.

Advertising in your signature is not permitted either. It can say Web Design.. and thats about it. Dont make me ZAP you again.

You can only have more than that with VODAHOST approval.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I like it the intro is very fast I like it

Comment

Originally posted by rogcastr View Post
                        Thanks. Althought I am perplexed... some people say it's fast and some say its slow with optimal broadband connections.

Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

that was good site : ***** : =)
                          i really like the logo you have - its great! *steals it* lol jk :D
                          Last edited by EpillionVortex; 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM. Reason: add
                          When the body executes the “fight-or-flight" reaction or stress response, the nerve system initiates, coordinates and directs specific changes in how the body is functioning (physiology), preparing the body to deal with the threat. source:wiki

Comment

Originally posted by rogcastr View Post
                            He is probably commenting on the fact it is short, and plays fast, unlike the majority of Intros .... (nothing was mentioned about "loading"!)

Comment

Love your site Robert. Looks professional and gives the impression you know what you're doing. I like the colours and general feel.

I did not like the intro at all and I think it will lose you clients. I have broadband but it was slooooow. It would be much more impressive to open up directly on your homepage - which looks great.

You have a little typo with the link 'what our clients thinks' (which is on the left-hand side on some pages)

Comment

Working...
                              X