Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template Change

Hi Karen,

Hope you don't mind me directing my question to you but you seem to be the only one replying :)

I have found one template to buy in the Soho addons that might work for my site called "Horses in Pasture", I can at least change this to accommodate my own products in the look that I what, and add my own logo pictures. (hopefully)

What I would like to know is seeing as I am using one of the free ones at the moment "Animals (lite Blue)" will I lose the products that I have already inserted on my inside pages or will they fit into the new templete and just the surround will change.

Hope you understand what I'm on about find it a bit hard to explain thing not knowing computor talk....

Thanks
    Sharon
    Desaran Siberian Huskies
    Queensland, Australia
    www.desaransiberians.com

Re: Template Change

Changing the theme (template) will not change the values you have entered in the Soho database for Content files or other "attributes" created via Pages, Categories, Item Inventory, Item pictures (which are stored in the Images file on the DB), or Prices.

The "foundation" (or skeleton) is there always, which is why changing themes is commonly called changing "skins" to scripts (i.e. Soholaunch, phpBB forums, osCommerce, etc.).

You are correct in realizing you will only have to modify the added theme itself: change out/edit the Header, Defaulted Template Images, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You wont lose products.. you may have to do a lil rearranging on pages but the template change wont erase anything but the template.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys ....always a bit nerve racking changing things when you don't know what's likely to happen

cheers
        Sharon
        Desaran Siberian Huskies
        Queensland, Australia
        www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

Working...
        X