New Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site

Okay, my new site is up, but I've got an issue I already see needs to be addressed: I want the site to fill the screen when people open it. Is there a way to make it automatically fit viewer's screens?

Of course, I'm also interested in anything else you guys see.

Feel free to give it a good thrashing and let me know what ya think.

Mucho thanks!

~Craig

Re: New Site

Your bio page is not long enough,you can't read all of the writing, it fits on my screen but I have a 24". You also need to title your pages.. Good Job
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hey Craig,

Looks like you've had a hell of a career, I was in the military myself in Canada. Did training in the US as well.

Your website looks pretty good, you did a great job.

I would suggest centering your pages though, I think it would look better.

And that question you had about the page fitting everyone's page. For that I believe you need someone to code web pages in order to do that. Blue Voda doesn't have an option for that as far as I know.

So you may have to pay a coder a bit a cash. There should be some good ones around here.
      Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hi Craig,
        not much wrong with what I saw except all the pages came up in my browser as "untitled"??
        All the links worked perfectly and all pages filled my screen....
        good job....but I guess you're used to hearing that, eh? LOL
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks guys. Good and useful feedback. I appreciate it.

Fixed the short bio page now. Thanks.

Will center and name the pages. Doh!

Comment

1 more thing...LOL On your gradient's did you intend on leaving the border blue! You can change that if you like..
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

OK, this is gonna sound majorly stupid, but how do I center the pages?

When I click on Select All, then choose Tools, Center, Vertical, the page goes too far to the right of my screen in Web Preview.

Am I going about that completely the wrong way?

Comment

Right click on the side and go to properties you will see a place to put a check mark for "Center Page" that will do it for you. You have to click on a spot where you have nothing, maybe at the bottom
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
                  Right click on the side and go to properties you will see a place to put a check mark for "Center Page" that will do it for you. You have to click on a spot where you have nothing, maybe at the bottom
                  Thanks. I had just figured that one out and even discovered the pages will be in different places on the browser screen if the sizes of the page aren't the exact same in that Properties section.
                  Geez, some of it can be challenging, but not NEARLY like trying to write code for months to do the same thing.
                  I've got most of the glitches out of my new site, now. Getting compliments from friends and family on it. I DEFINITELY couldn't have done a site like that without the drag and drop tools.
                  I appreciate the help, folks. Sincerely.

Comment

Hi Craig,
                    Love the site, it is focused and clean. I have a problem with certain colour combos, and your bio page, white text on black, jumps and blurs for me. The grey and white is fine. It won't bother everyone but the grey works so well might be worth thinking about.
                    Regards,
                    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                    Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
                    www.princess-bride.co.uk
                    Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

I would put the home page link first, not last on your site. Just looks different from what we are all used to seeing. It's all about the professionalism; the small little details make it or break it. You should know as well as I. I served in a classified Elite Unit in Israel. Trained and taught your younglings various anti terrorism combats when they visit us once a year for x time. I, or my soldiers, never got seriously hurt because of the small little things I learned to look for... If I can incorporate that into my website as well that would be an accomplishment!
                      Mr. Big Paw
                      Somewhere in the CO mountains
                      Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
                      X