Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

txt file content to website possible with bv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• txt file content to website possible with bv?

hello
    i never done this before. i was thinking is it possible bv?
    add the content from diffrent txt files to website?
    sorry for the example large img :( -"they" say, picture is more than 1000 words.

any get commands for it?
    When the body executes the “fight-or-flight" reaction or stress response, the nerve system initiates, coordinates and directs specific changes in how the body is functioning (physiology), preparing the body to deal with the threat. source:wiki

Re: txt file content to website possible with bv?

Hmm RSS feed can be the trick but all those rss feed logos everywhere, possible to disable the logos?.

php i know little, it gives some read / write / edit commands for modifying txt files.

Dhtml i dont know.

some one who know - any help would be nice, thanks :)
    moving this to right case.
    When the body executes the “fight-or-flight" reaction or stress response, the nerve system initiates, coordinates and directs specific changes in how the body is functioning (physiology), preparing the body to deal with the threat. source:wiki

Comment

Re: txt file content to website possible with bv?

Well RSS isn't really meant to used in this way. DHTML doesn't provide this functionality, it basically allows for dyamic static pages.

PHP has the functionality to do this. Basically if you use naval's tutorial on inserting a menu with php, you can do the same thing except use text files. (Making use of the include() function, which basically takes the contents of a file, and returns it where the function was called).

It would suggest learning a little bit of html/css formatting and only inserting one for the body, one for the side column, and one for the top.

A simple template method I like to use is having pages divided into the viewable page, and the template pages. The template has either variables that are displayed, or include function which have a variable for the file location. I then take the viewable pages (such as index.php), and it just contains a few variables with text content, or the file path to include into the template. Any change to the website design only require a change to the one template file.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X