Need your Opinion on 1 thing ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your Opinion on 1 thing ;)

OK, I'm in the tedious process of re-doing my ENTIRE website (which is about 100 pages). I'm about done, but just realized that I may have a little problem. My template consists of 2 squares. The first square has the product, the second square has "you might want to check out these matching items". When you look at my page, do you think that people are not going to know to scroll down to the second square?

Can you guys and gals look at it and tell me what your first instinct is when viewing the page? As a shopper or viewer, would you scroll down or would you automatically assume there's nothing down there? Please let me know. I would really appreciate your input :)

here is my sample page.

Re: Need your Opinion on 1 thing ;)

Uhhh it's been a long day. Here is a link that actually works.

Comment

That's a very nice looking site. I did notice, on the page you linked to, that the earrings link is broken. Also, no "Home" links anywhere.

But the scroll down is not an issue for me because I can see much of the second box without scrolling; I think I'm probably a fairly typical viewer.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

yes, the earring link does not work b/c I have not published any of the other pages yet...but thanks for noticing that.

I see what you're saying about a home link....The actual graphic header is a link back to the home page. Do you think that is good enough, or do users usually need a text link that says "home"?

Oh what fun! I love making teeny tiny adjustments to 100 pages! Maybe someday I'll learn ;)

Comment

BeeBee, #1, no you will never learn..LOL..Kidding..Looks great and I'm going through the same thing on Fast Lincs..
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

pages looks awsome !! - i bet one of my girl/friend would love the bracelet http://www.beatrixbell.com/bracelet_ana.jpg i have to show her this page.
            Last edited by EpillionVortex; 06-03-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: wrote braslet - fixed it to bracelet *smile*
            When the body executes the “fight-or-flight" reaction or stress response, the nerve system initiates, coordinates and directs specific changes in how the body is functioning (physiology), preparing the body to deal with the threat. source:wiki

Comment

It is improper for you to use the Copyright Information/footer "beatrixbell handcrafted jewelry © 1999 - present" because the fact is your domain name was first registered in 2003:
              Domain Name: beatrixbell.com
              Created on..............: Thu, Oct 23, 2003
              Expires on..............: Sun, Oct 23, 2011

You would be better off simply changing it to:
              BeatrixBell.com Copyright © Beatrix Bell Enterprises - All Rights Reserved

You have to be careful to not confuse how long you have been "doing business as" with the assets you are asserting Copyright to (your Domain/Brand)!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes I've been in business since 1999, but on the web since 2003. Thanks for that bit of advice. Unfortunately it means i will have to change 100 footers! Oh well! I'm uploding my new site this week. Feel free to check out my site next and shop till you drop, or until your computer gets overheated. Thanks so much for y'all's very helpful feedback was much appreciated :)

Comment

I see a bit of a problem, every time you click on the photo, it enlarges but the Nav Buttons are covering the photos..Love your stuff too! Beautiful Work..
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                  X