Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Confusion

Hi,

I am total confused here I have a site in Soholaunch at the moment but don't like any of the templates for my site, the ones i do like are either a Zen cart or oscommerce.
    Now problem is I dont seem to be able to use either of these in Soho but they are on avaliable to purchase throught Voda so can I download and use them in the Bluevoda??

If so how do I go about doing that???

Please give me some sort of direction here as I am at the end of tether with Soho templates.

Thanks
    Sharon
    Desaran Siberian Huskies
    Queensland, Australia
    www.desaransiberians.com

Re: Total Confusion

Hi .. to uninstall soholaunch, log into your control panel and choose fanstastico, browse to soho, click and go in and choose remove .. this will uninstall it .. it will be removed from your domain and your domain will be empty until you can publish up an index page with blue voda and that will be covered .. take special note of some templates that may require other software than blue voda to achieve ..
    - uninstall soho .. if you're after a cart, blue voda and paypal go nicely .. good luck ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your reply,
      You said "your domain will be empty until you can publish up an index page with blue voda and that will be covered"

So does that mean that i can install one of the other templates into Bluevoda and use the carts that come with the template ??

Still trying to understand all the "jargen" but seem to keep hiting brick walls even though I have gone through the tutorials and post one all the different templates, carts etc but they seem to contradict each other in alot of ways.

cheers
      Desaran Siberian Huskies
      Queensland, Australia
      www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

as mentioned above, you need to be careful with some of the templates offered, some require other programs/software to utilize them .. the template will have written what is required to put it on a blue voda page, or even use it .. if you have a link, we'd have a look at it for you .. take us to your template you intend to use .. what are your needs for a cart?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You cant mix and match builders. Nor can you mix and match templates and fix them or operate them with blue voda and use them with different applications.

As mentioned before.. its easy to have a template BUILT for soho giving examples of the templates you do like.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have put the links for a couple of the templates that is close to what i want for a front page look, because I sell mainly dog & cat products i do need something that is not just all words on the front,.

With either of these can i adapt them to put my own heading & logo and use the boxes to put "accessories, treats, shampoos" etc as links to main pages inside.
            As long as cart system is simple to use I don't mind what it is, one thing I have noticed is that in the carts it is only US & EURO currency I am assuming that I will be able to change any of them to the AUS $

I would prefer the Zen Cart template layout so if this can be used in BV I would be happy to give Soho away.

Thanks for your help and advice it is greatly appreciated Ladies.

Desaran Siberian Huskies
            Queensland, Australia
            www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

You cannot USE It perse.. you can recreate it in bv..but no.. you just cant snap it in place without some work and loss of features.

Zen, OSC, Soho are all database driven which allows some features that you wont have in BV or will have to have to be customized or recreated.

NO is the main answer you need. NO it wont work. You cannot cross and mixup builders or their templates.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X