cache browser problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cache browser problem??

I am not sure if my browers is having cache problems but the problem I am having is just on my home page now.
    I have cleared my cache browser and pressed the re-fresh button many times, still no change.oh and downloaded the window washer, as advised by ***** yesterday.I have made changes to the font type and removed one of the navigation buttons, when I go onto my web site it still shows this page in it's old format.
    Please could you check this for me ? Am I seeing what you see? I would like to get this sorted as I think I am ready to submit it to the search engines.
    Thank you so much for your help.
    Alison

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net

Re: cache browser problem??

I can see ten nav buttons (even after a forced refresh). I think the font looks the same as it did a few days ago Alison but can't be 100% sure. Does this help? I know this is a daft question (please don't take offence but I know what I'm like after spending many hours infront of this thing! Lol) but did you publish your updated page? Maybe try it again? If it doesn't work again - try going into BlueFTP (BlueVoda > Tools > FTP) - connect up - delete the relevant page from your site - then re-publish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Amanda Thank you for looking at my web site.
      There should only be 9 buttons and I changed the all the font to Times New Roman. I tried to delete my page in FP and re publish it, then I couldn't find it in my blue voda files to be able to re- publish it, So i took it out of the recycle bin and put it back, re published it again, but it's still the same.
      Do you have any idea what to do next?
      Thank you for your help
      Alison

Comment

Also change your portion guide link. in home page itis cake-portion-guide.html, in the other pages it is portion_guide. The two pages are identical, so it apparently works, but it is bad for SE, and if you want to update the page, you must update both.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Giorgio, this is just an example of what is happening. All the links are the same, from what I can see, I have checked every page and they are all the same ,they all say portion_guide. This is what I am saying what you see and what I see are two different things. I just don't understand.
          Alison

Comment

(It sounds like you may have deleted the wrong one last time - the following is the only way I know to help you - please bare with me..)

Ok. Step by step (I think):
            Goto Blue FTP.
            Connect. - You should now have a split screen showing your bluevoda files in your pc on the left and the published files in the right half of the screen.

Make sure you can see the page you want to publish on the left half (pc).

highlite the file you want to replace on the right hand side of the screen (website).
            Right-click on the highlited file (website) and delete it.

Disconnect and close FTP.
            Open file you want to publish in BV and publish it.

Alison - if this is how you already did it last time - then totally ignore me and wait for a clever person to come a long! Lol. Good luck chuck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Amanda, I have done it again removed any other pages of the same in FP . Yet it still comes up as the old page. I re-named the page so I could find the right one to use.

I am so close to getting this finished too.
              Anyway tomorrow is another day.........

Thanks for your help anyway.
              I am very grateful
              Alison

Comment

This is what I think ignore everything up to this point. Forget about the ftp, fp upload this or that. Go into the Blue Voda program and delete that nav bar then republish. From what I see you are ten nav bars on top and ten on the bottom which is a weird arrangement. Not a good thing to duplicate exact nav bars on the same page.

These nav bars have alt tags the SE's could penalize you for keyword stuffing. Also this I find strange when I type in direct url I get this:

04-Mar-2006 06:13 11k
                Ascot-cake.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:15 41k
                Bride-and-Groom.jpg 04-Mar-2006 17:36 32k
                Butterfly.gif 04-Mar-2006 06:18 20k
                Cakes_VWCamper-black..> 04-Mar-2006 06:14 18k
                Dad.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:17 16k
                Enchanted castle.jpg 04-Mar-2006 17:36 54k
                Enchanted-castle-ros..> 04-Mar-2006 06:16 12k
                Enchanted-castle-top..> 04-Mar-2006 06:16 15k
                Richard-Ashcroft.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:17 61k
                Ring-05-june.gif 24-Feb-2006 17:48 12k
                Santa.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:17 15k
                about_alison.html 04-Mar-2006 06:18 14k
                an10.gif 04-Mar-2006 06:17 17k
                ascot-cake-side-view..> 04-Mar-2006 06:15 25k
                ascot-cake-top-view.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:15 14k
                baby-elf-boy.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:13 20k
                bedtime-story.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:13 16k
                best-pink-handbag.jpg 04-Mar-2006 17:36 22k
                big-puss.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:14 20k
                bride-&-Groom-artica..> 04-Mar-2006 06:16 84k
                bride.jpg 04-Mar-2006 06:15 8k
                bv01068.gif 25-Feb-2006 07:08 1k
                bv01069.gif 04-Mar-2006 17:36 8k
                bv01082.gif 04-Mar-2006 06:15 13k
                bv01089.gif 23-Feb-2006 19:18 1k
                bv01116.gif

To me it looks like your public_Root folder. Maybe I am just seeing the wrong stuff? pet121

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  Also change your portion guide link. in home page itis cake-portion-guide.html, in the other pages it is portion_guide. The two pages are identical, so it apparently works, but it is bad for SE, and if you want to update the page, you must update both.

I agree this can be vary dangerous change page names. Often what happens when your publish your intial page the SE will pick it up and index it. Then you decide to change the name of the page and republish it and it gets indexed. Google comes along and will penalize you with duplicate content. You can ask Google to delete the page then yahoo, msn and all the smaller search engines. You could possible redirect because the page resides in your own domain.

Its nice to have your domain extension match your page title. pet121

Comment

Thanks pet for that. I had changed that some time ago. what you see and what I have published are two differentthings .I have now got a support ticket as I don't seem to be getting anywhere.
                    Thanks anyway.
                    Alison

Comment

Done it!! yipp'ee
                      Thanks everyone for your help.
                      Alison

Comment

Take that back............lol

It is OK when I go on the first time of looking at the page, then if I go to another page , lets say wedding cakes,and then go back it reverts back to the old page, now the same thing is happening with the portion guide page. That also shows the page in it's old format.
                        What ever is happening? This is nuts!!
                        yoohoo.............

***** where are you
                        Alison

Comment

Alison, please make this, so we can be sure of what is correct and what not: place in the lower left or right hand of the pages that you want to update or to check, a simle "Page updated 05/03/2006" then publish again, so we can see if what we are viewing is the new page, (in that case it's only your browswer caching) or in fact there is no page publishing (highly improbable)
                          Last edited by navaldesign; 03-05-2006, 05:52 PM.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I do not what you exactly did. But check you Nav links and be be sure they are correct on the pages in question. pet121

Comment

Index and portion guide both published with the updated information in text updated 05/03/06
                              Alison

Comment

Working...
                              X