Image 'toolbars' that pop-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image 'toolbars' that pop-up

I have gotten the hang of using BlueVoda, and already have a number of sites published, but I have just encountered a new issue (I thought I saw someone else mention this very long ago):

My sites are very rich with images, but just today - just one image, which is rather large on a page - when both previewed and published and "rolled-over" will create a pop-up image editor/toolbox.....I don't want them there, it is only on this one image, and for the life of me I cannot understand how it got there or know how to remove it.

I could really use some detailed instructions on how to reset something, or to disable this element. I cannot afford the "hang-time" waiting for an answer I can really use too long...... (Thanks!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: Image 'toolbars' that pop-up

Whats th url of the page and the exact image, we will take a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Wow....finally logged back in....
      Check out my first BV effort... www.MyChoiceMall.com ....
      It is a virtual mall, and is already earning a few bucks as I finish up the MANY interior "Category" pages. As soon as I can finish up those, then I can take down the many banners on the "Lobby" page and replace them with a couple of products, fewer and better imagery, etc. Let the tools ("QuickLink, Category Search) do the job of taking visitors where they want to go.
      What do you think so far?? (Also working on www.ChoiceIncentive.com and a 'corporate' site www.choicegroupintl.com using BV also. Even have www.TheBlingster.com up, and ready to spin off into it's own account, but having trouble deciding Soholaunch vs. osCommerce.... I have approximately 70,000 products (already prelisted in Excel with images, etc), and want the ease of mating perfectly with BV to maintain sites, but the real question of the hour:
      "Since I have over 220,000 opt-in subscribers, and intend to market to them regularly, what are the real limitations of either Soholaunch or osCommerce sending out newsletters? Or, is this more of a VodaHost server issue? For instance, I have been manually sending out blasts to about 30,000 twice a week with Constant Contact, but it is getting very expensive. Shifting everything to VodaHost -- I will open 4 commerce sites : ChoiceJeweler.com, ChoiceDiamond.com, TheBlingster.com, and 2 others which are now visible on the web without a cart and in need of repair due to crashes -- knowing I can consolidate functions, easily do matainence on the sites using BV, and streamline the email marketing is very important to me. Which is better for me (Soholaunch or osCommerce), and will I have issues concerning unadressed email needs?"

Would I be better off buying another cart and keeping everything at hosts and with webmasters that make me dependent on Dreamweaver (which I cannot see myself learning)?

Comment

You can not send out 200,000 eamils from our servers or 30,000
        twice a week for that matter. Constant Contact is a ripoff. Click
        the below, it is the same company we use....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks, General. They seem to offer a suitable solution for a year under $200. Constant Contact was costing over $1200 a month, for last 2 years.
          Isn't there any propreitary means of accomplishing the task? Isn't there any way (other than hosting my own sites somehow) one can get a program to accomplish this? How do the large corporations do it? I know of a travel agency doing similar numbers using a "Contact Manager" their webmaster installed, which worked too well: they were forceds to change hosts/ISP to avoid all the spam acccusations/shutdowns.

Second question>>> Soholaunch or osCommerce????
          If allowed ?!? you can see a site I/Portal I am trying to bring to VodaHost, install a new cart, and bring back up to speed. (This is what hurricane damage and webmaster incompetency left me)

Comment

Yes you can get your own mail script on your own dedicated server, but
            it is more trouble than it it worth. (We have been down that road). Aweber
            is white listed with all major ISP's.

You might also want to consider the below...It is the future of eMarketing...

http://www.marketingtips.com/desktop/t/657743

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

(I ran across Derek some time back. I'm still intrigued at how often he comes up as a referral.... is he teamed up with ***** somehow?)

I'm soooooo aware of the "direct" and "toolbar" methods, but am constrained to email since that is the parameters I've been allowed with my opt-in rules. But I think the concept of direct communication (by subscription or opt) is nearing the peak point: I wouldn't be surprised if soon an addendum is passed as part of the Patriot Act restricting the "capture" of computer addresses in any way shape or form.
              I think some institutions use it for verification even now - like banks....so even though email addresses change, after the first blast, the computer address isn't overwriting the "permitter" and replaces the email address, which is always changing after marraige or jobs, for instance....

Thanks for al of your input, General. Did you get to see my BV sites to rate them?
              (visit the 'show off' forum...)

Comment

Working...
              X