X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Add Spreadsheets to Web Page?

6/7/09

Hello...

I'm brand-new here and these are probably bone-head questions but I'm not a computer whiz and hope someone can point me in the right direction for answers. (I didn't see a search box in the forum; perhaps my questions have been asked before by others; if so, I apologize for repeating them.)

I used to use Yahoo's SiteBuilder webpage software and there was a method it had of importing spreadsheet files that could be subsequently linked to web pages. I cannot find any info on how to do that in BlueVoda, now that I've moved our domain from Yahoo to VodaHost.

In retrospect, I undoubtedly should have asked if this was even possible in BlueVoda but I just assumed it was since BlueVoda appears to be far superior to SiteBuilder. Now I'm trying very hard not to panic if this won't work in BlueVoda because right now I have no other way of getting our inventory online and it's imperative I do so. Our website is not yet back up via VodaHost.

Ours is a very small bookstore and our inventory is set up on a spreadsheet. Yes, I know that's clunky and not very 21st Century, but it's the best I can do at the moment. I have yet to have the time to look anywhere for an inventory management software. I'm afraid when I do find one it will be expensive and we don't have the money for that. Does VodaHost have one and, if so, what does it cost?

If VodaHost / BlueVoda DOES have inventory management software, can someone please tell me how to dovetail that to our website?

Thanks so much for your help!

Best...

Tess
    www.treasureislandbooks.net
    (Sorry...no idea what our account ID# is; we did get the long order confirmation email but there is so very much info on it that I can't find where that number might be; hope our domain name is sufficient.)
    Last edited by Treasure Island Books; 06-08-2009, 12:17 AM. Reason: Correcting text

Re: How To Add Spreadsheets to Web Page?

Hi, with spread sheet its usually easer to save the spread sheet as a web page & then upload this to your server. This will now have a url that you can link to as a whole page, or usually better to link it into an iframe on your page so it becomes part of your site page lay out.
    Just on another note! there are lots of free shopping carts out there with 1 or 2 in your control panel under fantasico.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, Chris...

While I appreciate your responding, I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. You're assuming I know all about computers and web stuff.

Far from it.

I use Works for our inventory spreadsheets. I tried to save a test spreadsheet as web page but Works doesn't offer that option.

However, we also have Open.Office.org (which I guess is a clone of Excel) and I note there that one of the save options is to HTML. Will that work? I can translate our Works spreads into "Excel."

I realize our spreadsheet inventories are rudimentary but I'm getting along as best I can with what I currently have to work with.

Also, I'm still recreating our website and it has yet to launch via VodaHost (and pending transfer of our domain name from Yahoo). The control panel is in the publish-to-the-web area, right, not in BlueVoda? So I'll explore those shopping carts when I can. But I still don't understand if the shopping cart is just a way for customers to place orders or if it has some kind of inventory system attached to it? Can you please elaborate?

What's fantastico?

What's an iframe?

Thanks for your help; it's much appreciated.

Best...

Tess

Comment

Hi Tess,

Saving a spreadsheet like you say in an html format will work.

Check this link out to see the efeects of such an exercise.

Sometimes it can be a bit slwo but it can be done.

Shout if you need addtional help
        Kind Regards
        Rob
        www.gnjgf.co.za
        www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Bellow are 3 of the shopping carts in c panel which are worth a look.
          But it would be worth looking through the tutorials for things like the iframe.
          The other alternative for you might be using soho which is offered in your account.
          CubeCart is a free responsive open source PHP ecommerce software system. Sell online.

FREE Shopping cart osCommerce to start selling online. Accelerate your business endlessly by adding apps and custom development. Open source eCommerce platform.

http://www.zen-cart.com

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X