Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months work, would love some feedback

Hi,

Over the last 6 months I have been working on my first website. The first two attempts were okay but just looked like a home made job if you know what I mean. So now i have revamped it with a more professional looking header and hopefully an easy to use navigation.

Would love some feedback particularly on the colour scheme, is it too bright?

Page length, can you say too much?

Advertising, is it appropriately placed and not over done?

I still have lots of content to add, but so far i think I am on the right track. really helps to see it through other peoples eyes though.

Cheer

Sarah
    Sarah

Re: 6 months work, would love some feedback

I had a quick look and I Love It...Great Job!
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

same here , had a quick look and really like the colors you used , looks like aparty itself ^_^
      www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Ditto all above...not enough time to check all of it but one thing jumped out at me on your home page:
        "...in the annuls of..."

should be annals
        good luck,
        david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Looks good, the color scheme is pretty unique and works well. Looks upbeat and certainly fits the content. Good job! =)
          Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Looks very nice and pretty! Very inviting! I almost wish I had a party to organize.
            I clicked on two links that didn't work : when I clicked on Papier mache and on Pinatas, I was back to the index page.
            Also, it's a shame the other sites' publicities are the first things I saw on some pages (see Activities and Games) so I had to go down the page to see your actual page. I actually thought for a second that your site was advertising for all the others.
            But I really liked the look of your site! Very well done!

Comment

your site looks fantastic good work
              stvsgroup.com
              stormdamagerepairs.com

Comment

your templates great howd you make it, and the site is good.
                Debby

Comment

You've done a nice job and your site looks professionally designed. The only feedback that I would have is that your ads seem to be in weird places. For example, you have text talking about your product and then you have several ads. Then after the ads your text continues. It kind of throws off my concentration while reading your text to have to skip over ads to then continue reading the text. Perhaps you can have just one area where your ads are places so that it does not interfere with your text. Just my humble opinion.
                  Jeff Peterson
                  Profit and Las Vegas Bookkeeping, LLC
                  702.405.9912 - Office
                  866.835.9912 - Fax
                  jeff@profitandlasvegas.com
                  www.profitandlasvegas.com

Comment

hello, your site looks good, but i have a question.i'm working on my first site at the moment and looking for the best way to install a shopping cart, i like how on yours you can just continue to add product to the cart, if you don't mind how did you find that option?

Comment

Super job! I look the colors! Tried pink myself for my dog training, walking hikingm running, and pet-sitting site but it didn't work quite well. I know how long and frustrating it can be to make your site perfect! Especially when picking colors! I'm still not sure about mine and been at it also for about 6 months - now I need to fill in the context and have someone proof read it. can't tell you how many times I've change the colors, layout, and so on. Therefore I hope my input will help as I am sure fresh eye find things you didn't. It happens to me all the time - others telling me things I just can't see anymore.

Perhaps it is by your design but the bottom test links look weird with the space between the links starting with the home page and the links starting with the planning tips.

Hope this helps

p.s.

If you could look at my site and tell me what the color scheme and layout speak to you I would really appreciate it. It seems you will have the input I have been searching for a long time!
                      Mr. Big Paw
                      Somewhere in the CO mountains
                      Big Paw Services

Comment

Great job! Very impressive. I have a new site under construction at the moment and I will contact you later for possible link exchange. Nice site. Youv'e done well.
                        The Female Zone

Comment

It looks a great site. Lots of fun and puts you in the party mood. Personally I would go for slightly shorter pages. Everything else inviting.

Originally posted by sagasu44 View Post
                          Hi,

Over the last 6 months I have been working on my first website. The first two attempts were okay but just looked like a home made job if you know what I mean. So now i have revamped it with a more professional looking header and hopefully an easy to use navigation.

Would love some feedback particularly on the colour scheme, is it too bright?

Page length, can you say too much?

Advertising, is it appropriately placed and not over done?

I still have lots of content to add, but so far i think I am on the right track. really helps to see it through other peoples eyes though.

Cheer

Sarah

Comment

It's a great site, easy to use and looks good

In relation to your adverts, they blend in well since you have the right colour scheme in them,

However i think i read before that google adsense have some rule in their terms and conditions that you can only have a maximum of 3 Ad units per page?

I could be wrong but
                            Ill check it out and get back to you
                            robobobo
                            Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
                            Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
                            www.visionlandscapes.ie
                            [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Hate to be the bringer of bad news but
                              Ye i did see it hope this doesnt affect he layout of your site too much

robobobo
                              Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
                              Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
                              www.visionlandscapes.ie
                              [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X