How do I create Chinese language pages in blue voda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I create Chinese language pages in blue voda

I need my website to be in two languages, English and Chinese. English is complete. Can anyone recommend how I can be do the Chinese version. and if BV supports differnet languages.

Thank you
    Sarah
    $14558

Re: How do I create Chinese language pages in blue voda

Hi Sarah,
    take a look at this tutorial

How to create a website in another language besides English.

david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have done everything required (unicode tick box etc) but on preview the Chinese character text is garbled and full of symbols not recognisable Chinese characters. Do you have any idea where I go from here?

Regards,

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah,
        I'm no expert but it could be you have to download the special font for chinese characters in order to see the finished article correctly......I know I had to do this for Pali & Sanskrit for example (ancient Indian languages)
        Another possibility could be this, but you would need to check the accuracy of any translatioin yourself?
        best I can do....
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

David,
          Thank you for your help, we actually made the pages just as you would an English page because MS has fonts for Chinese characters, so we have just done the equivalent of what you would do with the English pages. It is for sure that I am missing something but cannot get enough help through BV to put it right. I think everyone is put off as sooon as you mention Chinese but fundamentally I don't think it is that difficult to get it sorted.
          If I have any joy sorting it I will post it up loud and clear!!

Thanks again

Sarah

Comment

David,

I have just realised that the problem lies in the text box text but not in the logo or in the buttons in preview mode!! they work perfectly fine. Do you have any clues how to fix the Chinese character text in the text box?? or should I be using something else?
            i would apreciate any help you can give.

sarah

Comment

I have same problem. any solutions yet? Thanks!

Comment

Yes I found that as soon as I changed the character set to UTF-8 it works perfectly well in the preview mode. So what you need to do is right click on the page to open the page properties dialoue box then look on the 5th line down Character set open this slide bar and select UTF-8.
                I hope it works for you.

Regards,

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by sarah hk View Post
                  I need my website to be in two languages, English and Chinese. English is complete. Can anyone recommend how I can be do the Chinese version. and if BV supports differnet languages.

Thank you
                  Sarah
                  $14558
                  Google is a good select.
                  :D :D :D
                  It can translate into many languages.
                  Thanks.
                  Telemarketing services companies and firms - Telemarketing company professionnals - outbound telemarketing lists for b2b lead generation

Comment

Did you find a solution yet, Sarah?
                    Click on Tools > Options > Enable Unicode
                    Then Page properties: set Character Set to UTF-8

Then any Chinese text that you may copy / past into BV10-11, you need to first paste it in to Notepad first to get rid of any format codes, and then copy / paste from Notepad into BV10-11

Additionally, your PC may not be set up to read the Chinese format that you are publishing or reviewing, so you may want to fix it in your computer:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Advanced (tab) > Select Chinese language from the drop-down menu (i.e. Chinese - Hong Kong S.A.R.)? > click "Apply", and "OK" and that should do it.

I hope this is of service to you. Good Luck!
                    John

Comment

Working...
                    X