public html folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public html folder

i have uploaded my webpage to the public html folder but i want to put it into its own folder to keep everything tidy

thanks
    johnny

Re: public html folder

Originally posted by jabie5
    i have uploaded my webpage to the public html folder but i want to put it into its own folder to keep everything tidy

thanks
    johnny
    Please note that your index (home) page MUST be in your public_html folder. For the rest of your pages you can create subfolders and publish there
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok ive left my index.html (homepage) in the public html folder and moved all the other files to site1 folder but my webpage doesnt work properly

Comment

there are no photos or menu since i moved every thing into site1 folder do i not have to redirect index to new folder or something

Comment

Do not try to tidy up your Public_HTML. You will have nothing but problems.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i have only moved my site files into a folder called site1, i havent moved anything else
            please see my fisrt post

Comment

i have only moved my site files into a folder called site1, i havent moved anything else
              please see my fisrt post
              Have you edited all the links (nav bars etc...) on your index page to reflect the fact that you have moved everything? Or are they still linking to files in your public folder? That's why ***** said not to mess with your public folder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

no i havent edited any links(how do you do this) i just moved them into another folder

Comment

could girl on the hill reply to my last post

Comment

I'm new to this but i think the answers is yes. Why dont u do it and see it it works then. While i'm here do u know how i put my (homepage) to my domain name? i had no problem linking all the pages but still cant get it on line :(

Comment

If you have moved some pages in the new folder, called site1, the links from (f.e.) http://www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html should be changed in
                      http://www.yoursite.com/site1/yourpage.html . The links to your index page should remain http://www.yoursite.com/index.html

However, how did you "move" the files (html pages + images) ? I understand if you published directly in this new folder, but moving? how did you know which image files you had to move?
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                      X