X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? site ripping

www.elegantsteam.com
    Hi
    I was looking at my site stats and I find that someone in Basle is accessing my site using "ripper 0". Googling tells me that this is very probably someone ripping off my site, eg, graphics, etc. Is there any way to block this ?

Don

Re: ?? site ripping

There is no way to keep content from being copied......
    Having said that you can keep text/graphics from being copied "easily" by putting a clear .gif over the text.
    The text can be accessed through your page source and graphics can be copied by using a screen capture.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Did I just post that gibberish? I need to adjust my meds.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by arcoiris View Post
        www.elegantsteam.com
        Hi
        I was looking at my site stats and I find that someone in Basle is accessing my site using "ripper 0". Googling tells me that this is very probably someone ripping off my site, eg, graphics, etc. Is there any way to block this ? Don
        There are various methods useful in preventing graphics and images from being plagiarized, but none are as effective (or worthwhile) as the Watermark.

When it comes to protecting Content, however, simply placing a transparent object over text will prevent wholesale copying, but will not prevent "re-composition" (re-typing what is read on the screen). The best method is to register your content with a service that will monitor the WWW to locate instances where it is appearing without authorization. The most affordable and effective service I have found so far to perform this can be found at www.Copyscape.com They have tiered services to meet your needs, and enough resources to bring you up to speed on how to totally protect your original Content and website (pay particular attention to registering your site with Copyright protection at the USPTO, and follow the International Registry links for your particular locale if necessary).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You can still get the text from the source, and I would imagine you could still use "ctrl + a" to select all the text regardless of a transparent image covering it, and then just simple paste it into word. (It would probably display the layers sequentially)

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Would copying the text from the Source Code negate the efforts of a monitoring service?
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Can't you just get a copyright that should help

Comment

Copyrights and monitoring services are not going to prevent your content from being stolen. It will give you proof the content is yours and a list of websites that have illegally posted on the content on their websites.

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Put a warning up it helps

Comment

not really , when someone wants whats on your site they'll take it rather they get caught doing it or not , alot of my artist friends have "dont take my work with out emailing me first and such and such" and they still get ripped , it might stop some people who follow rules.
                    www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Like most things that get stolen on the web. Are you going to take someone through the international legal proceedings that lives on the other side of the world that might not have any financial worth. (Not worth the aggravation)
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                      X