Linking to Iframes with Rollover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to Iframes with Rollover?

Is possible to use a 'Rollover' image link to an Inline Frame?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    dawnbreaker

Re: Linking to Iframes with Rollover?

Yea you can use an image rollover to link to an iframe. Just set it up the same way as you would with a regular pic.

Comment

Thanks Goldenleaf but I don't think that it is as straight forward as that, how do I target the inner frame?

Cheers
      dawnbreaker

Comment

Illl try my best to help you...

1. Create an iframe and doubble click to name it for example: "photoframe1" then add the url you want to show inside the iframe.

one that is done

2. Add a rollover and add the two images to it. The under the link properties put also the url you want to show inside the inline frame. In target put for example "photoframe1" or whatever you name your iframe.

Post if you need more

Comment

Originally posted by goldenleaf
          Illl try my best to help you...

1. Create an iframe and doubble click to name it for example: "photoframe1" then add the url you want to show inside the iframe.

one that is done

2. Add a rollover and add the two images to it. The under the link properties put also the url you want to show inside the inline frame. In target put for example "photoframe1" or whatever you name your iframe.

Post if you need more
          Perfect!
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Perhaps I haven't explained myself very well.

With a text link it is possible to make several different pages appear in the same Iframe by using this CSS:

<style type="text/css"> <!-- A:link {text-decoration:none} A:visited {text-decoration:none}
            -->
            </style>
            <a href="<A href="http://www.mypage.com/mypage.html"target">http://www.mypage.com/mypage.html"target="
            Iframe">
            <h1 style="font-family:ARIAL;Font-size:85%;font-weight:bold">MY PAGE</h1>.................etc.........

Further links can be created as above with different URLs and all would open in the same Iframe.

I can understand how to get one link opening in the Iframe using your suggested method but now how I can get several links opening in the Iframe?

Many thanks for your responses so far!

dawnbreaker.

Comment

Originally posted by dawnbreaker
              Perhaps I haven't explained myself very well.

With a text link it is possible to make several different pages appear in the same Iframe by using this CSS:

<style type="text/css"> <!-- A:link {text-decoration:none} A:visited {text-decoration:none}
              -->
              </style>
              <a href="<A href="http://www.mypage.com/mypage.html"target">http://www.mypage.com/mypage.html"target="
              Iframe">
              <h1 style="font-family:ARIAL;Font-size:85%;font-weight:bold">MY PAGE</h1>.................etc.........

Further links can be created as above with different URLs and all would open in the same Iframe.

I can understand how to get one link opening in the Iframe using your suggested method but now how I can get several links opening in the Iframe?

Many thanks for your responses so far!

dawnbreaker.
              I really don't understand what you want to accomplish. You can use the code above to insert multiple links that will all open in the I-frame, using more than one text objects. The linking object is the text. More pieces of text, more links. If you use a rollover, you will have to use more rollovers, that will all have the same i-frame as target.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Do you want to do what I did on my site in my photo gallery page? I use the iframe on one page to display many photos (which are each a webpage) and you can change the photo by clicking on the numbers below it.

If that is what you want to do but with rollover then follow the same directions above but add another rollover and just change the URL it links to.

Comment

My initial query was to use Rollover images instead of the text links?

I want to use several Rollovers to open different pages in the same Iframe same as the text links do.....

Thanks

dawnbreaker

Comment

I have written: " you will have to use more rollovers, that will all have the same i-frame as target." What is it that you don't understand?
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for your patience, I guess that I am missing a point somewhere but I WILL endeavour to sort it out.

Obviously the I frame element properties require a url, if I give the element a url with BV this works as it should however subsequent links do not.

The method I have previously used for the I Frame had an initiall url with a designated page opening there and then with css text links I could open all the sites pages in this frame. When I tried this with BV & rollover image links the initial page opened OK in the frame because this was the designated url for the frame but subsequent links open in a new window.

I'm obviously not creating subsequent/further rollover links correctly?

Thanks again.

dawnbreaker

Comment

This is because when you define the Url for every text object or (it's the same) for every rollover, you must set the "Target" to be the I frame. If f.e. the frame is called "photoframe" as Goldenleaf suggested above, you must set the targer field of the link definition in "photoframe". That's all that is needed
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks and thanks again guys - the obvious was staring in my face!

I guess I was with H***stead too long and not ready for a great piece of kit like this - I luv it!!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X