2 Video-Install Dilemmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Video-Install Dilemmas

1) In the last 2 weeks or so I notice that YouTube videos I've embedded on my VH pages won't play in Internet Explorer. They work just fine when I view these pages in the other 5 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Flock, Opera, and Safari). Here is one such page, on my main site (see bottom of page): http://www.jhwm.net/about.html

I've even tried downloading the latest version of IE, but still all I get on these pages is a blank square where the video should be. Can anyone help?

2) I have a couple of videos in the Quicktime Movie (.mov) format, but when I try playing OR installing them using Windows Media Player, or Quicktime Player, or RealPlayer, I get no video, just a solid-green screen (the audio plays OK). Only VLC Media Player will show both the video and audio as they should be.

I found a site that says .mov files can be made to play in Windows Media player if you download the 3ivx-MPEG4 5.0 codec (I think I said that right??), so I downloaded it, and restarted my computer. Same problem is happening: solid-green screen with audio.

If there is NO way to play a .mov in either Windows Media or Quicktime players, is it possible to somehow install VLC media player on a BlueVoda page?
    THANKS.

Re: 2 Video-Install Dilemmas

Still hoping for some sage advice on these two questions (as the problems have not gone away). Thanks.

Comment

The nice thing about embedded YouTube is that you don't need to worry about a player--both play fine for me on IE and FF. To answer where the music video came from, check out animusic.com
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I would very much appreciate some help with my question #1 in the original (15 June 2009) post. Am I the only one who's seeing a blank square where an embedded YouTube video should be available to play when viewing this page in Internet Explorer?:

Comment

Can only say with Q1 that it works fine at my end with IE8. Not much help, but at least a conformation.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I see the YOUTUBE in firefox and ie. Its probably some codecs you are missing on your computer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, Collectors and Karen, for checking the page and replying so quickly. I'm very glad to know that the problem most likely is only with my computer.

Any idea how I might determine which codec(s) I'm missing, and where I could get them? THANKS.

Comment

Try updating your movie players to the latest versions.. Or google video codecs for your machine.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sorry, Karen, I need a little more detail: How do I update my Google video codecs? Actually, what would it have to do with Google, if I'm embedding video from YouTube?

Comment

both play fine for me on IE and FF. To answer where the music video came from, check out animusic.com
                    Guess you missed this one. :D And again, the people that made the music video is Animusic if you want to credit them.
                    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks, Tom, I changed my about page to give credit (and a link) to animusic.

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
                        Sorry, Karen, I need a little more detail: How do I update my Google video codecs? Actually, what would it have to do with Google, if I'm embedding video from YouTube?
                        google.. meaning SEARCH

type in 'video codecs'

or check your computer/machine maker site for updates to drivers etc for compatiblilty if it doesnt auto update. These updates usually contain the UPDATED codecs for video cards etc to run and display correctly

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK, I went to google and typed in "video codecs" and a lot of different results came up. That is, both a lot of sites AND a lot of different types of video and audio codecs. I don't know which one(s) I need to download, or even which type(s) I might need.

The problem I'm having is ONLY with YouTube videos I've embedded on my web pages, and only in Internet Explorer. The other browsers show these videos no problem, so it makes me wonder, Do I need video codecs which are specifically for (or from) Internet Explorer? Are there IE-specific video codecs I can get, and if so where?

By the way, my computer is a generic PC that was built by a local computer shop. There is no machine maker web site for updates to drivers. THANKS!

Comment

can you see youtube anywhere else on other sites.. with IE?.. I dont know what you need cuz i cant see what your computer does when.. but.. if drivers etc are not updated to work with certian versions of software.. and this includes the codecs.. you will have software issues. It can also be.. if this is an older machine that you are simply out of memory.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X