Help Me I'm starting from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me I'm starting from scratch

I just downloaded BlueVoda on my system. I'm ready to start designing but don't know the first step. I know what I want to see and read lots of educational material on this site, but still don't know the first step. I do plan to host my sites here but I need to have a site to host first. Is there a 1-2-3 step for website building for dummies?

Re: Help Me I'm starting from scratch

Hi eprosum,
    Welcome to Vodaland! Don't despair - we were all like you once!
    The first thing is to decide what exactly do you want from your site. If you can, try to design a lay-out on paper first. You could also just go to your BV program & start playing around with all the tools there. Don't forget to watch ALL the tutorials - that's a big must-do. They REALLY help :)
    It takes time - be patient!
    Then, when you're ready, choose a domain name, check it's available then open an account with VodaHost. You will then be able to "publish" your pages. Don't worry about making mistakes, you can always easily correct things. Making mistakes is a great way to learn!!
    Finally, when you're really stuck, there's always an appropriate forum where you can ask for specific help.
    Have fun & good luck,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Re: Help Me I'm starting from scratch

yea the paper thing is a good idea , what i did and then went to MS paint and played around with it more to find a good color combo ^_^
      www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Working...
      X