Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what this mean?

Hello,

I have 4 text hyperlinks in one of my pages, when I click on one of them I get the following message:

Time Sheet = File does not begin with '%PDF-',

These other hyperlinks seem to be alright.
    Incident Report = works ok
    Chnge of personal details = works ok
    Availability changes = haven't added document yet.

I have checked the file in cPanel and it is named time_sheet.pdf and the file is saved as a pdf.

www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com/employee_download.php

If you wouldn't mind having a look and letting me know what the problem is, I would appreciate any assistance.

Sincerely
    Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
    www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Re: Anyone know what this mean?

It is not necessary to use a "pop-up script" to provide a PDF download at all: merely set the TARGET to "_blank" so it comes up in a new browser Tab (or Window, depending on which browser being used), as the Adobe Reader will automatically set itself as the default. Using this script to set a pop-up window configured for size and placement is conflicting with the defaulted functionality.

Be sure also to have no spaces within the PDF title, and only using a hyphen or underscoren when necessary (the "%" you see displayed indicates the substitution for a blank space, and thus lost formatting in identifying the file ID). It is best to use the shortest titles possible as well, and you can simply re-name your uploaded PDF files via the Control Panel (find the icon along the top toolbar in your File Manager panel).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Anyone know what this mean?

Thanks for the advice, I checked that there were no spaces in the title and changed to link to open on a blank page rather than a pop up window however it did not help. I ended up deleting the file and re-uploading which did the trick.

Cheers
      Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
      www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Comment

Working...
      X