No announcement yet.

Flash, will google still read the text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash, will google still read the text?

Hi guys. Ok, I'm redesigning my website, and am using incrediflash extreme to make my pages. I am making my whole page a flash image as I have found this loads really quickly. My queries are
    1: will google still read the text on the page, even though the text is itself flash?
    2:if google can't read the text, will it see it beneath the flash object (bearing in mind the flash takes up the whole width/height of the page) if I type whats in the flash onto the actual page in blue voda? The text I put on the page will not be visible to anyone viewing the page.
    3:The text I have put onto the page, I have included <h> tags. Will these still be readable to google through the flash image? Also, I'm hearing a lot of people sugest that <h>tags etc are no longer used by google, so arent worth having. Is this true?

The original site is at www.hondaclub-uk.com and the flash page i have created is at www.hondaclub-uk.com/testpage.html.
    Thanks in advance for any info and help guys.
    http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Re: Flash, will google still read the text?

Hi Dave,
    Now that's clever! The headlight flash, I mean....how did you do that?
    BTW when mouse-over "Latest Club News" the lights DON'T flash? (Just a minor glitch, I'm sure?!LOL)
    Sorry, but your Google questions are out of my limited knowledge range....just had to make the comment about the lights!!
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks ahisma! Yeah, just noticed that link you mentioned, will need to sort that out! The pages are still in the design process at the moment, seem to keep having new ideas all the time!
      Regards the headlight flashing, it's relatively easy to do. If you have a flash program, like incrediflash, you'll be amazed at what you can make things do! I won't go into a full detailed "how to" in here, but basically i made one picture of the skyline and added the integra. I use UleadPhotoexpress 3 to do my photoshopping, as I find paintshop pro or photoshop to fiddly to use.
      I copied the picture, drew in the flashing bit, then added both to the flash scene, and made the buttons "action when hover" to show the second picture, which is hidden at the start. I'd reccomend the incrediflash program to anyone, it's real easy to use.

Just hope this use of the flash image as a whole webpage works ok.......hope to hear from somebody in the know soon!! lol

Comment

Your text on the page will be readable by the SE. Any text inside the movie or the flash will not be read. Make sure that the text you are wanting to use is also elsewhere on the page.

DO NOT HIDE TEXT behind ANYTHING. The SE do read that and if its NOT visible to your customer or viewer.. its considered HIDDEN TEXT and will get you BANNED by the SE.. not help you with them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ah, I was worried about that. I'll need to chang it a bit then, as the text is hidden by the flash at present.

Comment

Tks for the info, Dave....gonna get right on it LOL
            david
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks for the help, page now edited so no hidden text! Let us know how you get on David

Comment

Working...
              X