Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview shows Link button - published page does not

I have published a web page http://www.sitesunion.com/ambush.html

1. It has two special ACT NOW buttons on the page which are visible and work perfectly in the preview. However when published they are not visible yet when the area where they are supposed to be is clicked it takes on to the link which are set up in the missing buttons... what's happening please? (see the feint rule at the base of the page and click it.)
    2. All the body copy is underlined, and there is no way that I can remove these lines. I tried to resolve the problem and purposely undelined all and than removed same. In preview the lines are not present. when published all this underlined type appears... how does this happen and how do i resolve this please?
    I have already tried the obvious.

Thank you

Re: Preview shows Link button - published page does not

I am moving this to the general forum in the hope of someone helping me.

Comment

Hans

Im not sure what you are asking and which buttons your are referring to. Copy and paste your text first to notepad, hilight it all .. remove formatting.. then copy and paste it back to bv.

This happens from copying and pasting and picking up formatting from another website or from an office application

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,
        I have done with the text as you suggest. In notepad I do not see a facility to ... remove formatting...
        I have tried various different fonts from within notepad but the undelining remains in place. How does on "remove formatting? Do I perhaps have a different version of Notepad. I do have office 2007.
        The buttons I refer to are supposed to be seen in the website. however,
        for some reason they show when previewing, but not when published.
        The buttons have been taken from a site with the vendors affiliate banners etc and have been saved to My pictures as jpeg and png files which is as the are presented from the Vendor.
        I have taken the pic/button to a new VB page, opened the HTML properties of the pic and pasted it into a HTML box on my site. This brings brings the pics on board, but as I say this does show them in preview but not when published, can you identify a possible mistake I have made?
        Thank you
        Hans

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          Hans

Im not sure what you are asking and which buttons your are referring to. Copy and paste your text first to notepad, hilight it all .. remove formatting.. then copy and paste it back to bv.

This happens from copying and pasting and picking up formatting from another website or from an office application

Karen
          1 hour later!
          Karen, further to the new post pertaining to the text issue, I was unable to remobve the formatting, also not from within BV which does have that facility on a pull down menu, but does not work in this instance.
          I got so frustrated and deleted all.
          I opened a new text bar and retyped the whole bang shoot, not for one minute thinking that the problem would remain. Well, all the freshly typed text is also underlined. Surely there has to be some setting within the text bar which I open and type within that causes this poblem? I can not see anywhere to reset or adjust this.
          Hope you can help.
          Thank you
          Hans

Comment

Karen, further to my seeking a solution i looked in the HtML to see if I could detect anything that would say underline which refered to my text. i have appended hereto a bit of code i saw in the HTML which says underline. i have underlined no text of my own choice. I do not know if this is an instruction to underline certain sentences, or an overall instrction for anything i type, or if this is as a result of underlined wording.
            I have taken the retyped passages and opened them in a new page, nothing to do with the site, have selected all and than selected remove formatting, even now the underlining becomes visible when previewed and published.
            I am stymied and can not work on this any longer now without finding a resolution.
            Thank you Hans

a.style1:link {color: #FFFFFF;font-weight: bold;text-decoration: none;}
            a.style1:visited {color: #800080;text-decoration: underline;}
            a.style1:active {color: #FF0000;text-decoration: underline;}
            a.style1:hover {color: #0000FF;text-decoration: underline;}
            </style>

Comment

Originally posted by start living View Post
              1 hour later!
              Karen, further to the new post pertaining to the text issue, I was unable to remobve the formatting, also not from within BV which does have that facility on a pull down menu, but does not work in this instance.
              I got so frustrated and deleted all.
              I opened a new text bar and retyped the whole bang shoot, not for one minute thinking that the problem would remain. Well, all the freshly typed text is also underlined. Surely there has to be some setting within the text bar which I open and type within that causes this poblem? I can not see anywhere to reset or adjust this.
              Hope you can help.
              Thank you
              Hans
              Yet later...
              I have now taken the text which appears underlined when previewing and publishing my site, and copied it direct from the site into a new page, saved it and published it... no removing of formatting or anything, and the undelining does not show when previewing... this leads me to think that the mystry is hidden somewhere in the page properties set up. i have looked at this a thousand times, but see nothing i do nt normally have when working in BV.
              Don't know!
              Hans

Comment

Working...
              X