I dont know how to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know how to start?

I purchased another domain which is pinoybrunei.com, i already add this in add domain and I don't know how and where to start that's why i prepare some questions for everyone who are willing to help me on this.
    1.Do i have to download another tools (BLUEVODA) in my computer or i will used the same tools in my recent website.
    2.If not, I already make a page now in my new domain and i want to publish it now but I don't know how? What should I do? If I click publish this will appears...SERVER IP do i have to change it or it will still remain? USERNAME and PASSWORD do i have to change it also? FOLDER do i have to right here is public_html/pinoybrunei.com?
    3.I will save my new domain as "index", it wont affect my recent domain since i save it also as "index"?
    Please understand my situation why I'm asking this because even though i have a website I still have so many things to know in this tools, and it's also my first time to purchased another domain and put it the same account. Please help me..
    Thanks,
    Joel

Re: I dont know how to start?

1. The same
    2. ID address, username and password are the same of the main domain, you will be changing the folder to public_html/pinoybrunei.com
    3. To avoid overwriting the pages you have already created for the main site (in particular the page "index" ) you need to create a subfolder, inside your BlueVoda folder on your computer.
    Name this folder "pinoybrunei" so it reminds you what it is for.

When you create the new site pages, save them / retrieve them from that folder.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your knowledgeable reply Navaldesign. I think it's me help me now. One more thing. i want to add in my website like this.. No yet a member, Please register here... Log in or Sign Up..
      How can I do this?
      Thanks,
      Joel

Comment

In other words, you want t create a members area (with password protected pages and content).

There are two ways to acheive this:

1. Creating a password protected directory (folder) on your site and placing all protected content in there. You can create a folder in your site and then password protect it through your CP. However, this will not allow them to register and edit their profile. You can simply put a form which they fill in, then you create a username/password for each member in your CP and you mail them these login details. Not very efficient but free.

2. Using a membership script: this will allow your potential members to register themselves, and after account activation (which can be instant, after email verification, after a subscription payment - if you have paid subscriptions- or manual, by the administrator, that is you) they will be able to login and reach the protected areas.

Again, there are free and paid for scripts that allow to do this. Have a look at these two that are made specifically for BV (meaning that it comes complete with BV pages that you can edit yourself directly in BlueVoda to give them the look you like). Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the links to the details pages and the demos.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I try to study now the site you give. One more thing Sir, can you give me some site that do you think can help me to build a chatroom page, because as you know I want to build a community website..
          Thanks once again...

Joel

Comment

Hey I saw your picture on the tools you give hahahaha...That's great...

Comment

Hi, Joel,

When you added your add-on domain, a new folder would have been created in your public_html folder.

Publish your index page to your new domain as follows:

public_html/pinoybrunei

without the dot com.

The new folder = pinoybrunei.com

You have to start creating new folders or directories inside this folder for your new website.

Simple eh!
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                without the dot com.
                Why ? in many cases the .com exists, depends on cpanel version. In example, if you create the addon pinoybrunei.com, cpanel creates (depending on the version) a folder that is named pinoybrunei.com . So it IS required.

You have to start creating new folders or directories inside this folder for your new website.
                Why ? I mean, this folder is, for the addon site, the same as public_html is for the main site. You only need to create subfolders in there IF your site structures requires them. My experience with most VH users is that they publish everything in one folder.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X