Question on Inline Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Inline Frames

This is my first time to use inline frames. For example, I have a menu and upon clicking on a button, the url displays on the inline frame.

Now when clicking on the other button which is also linked to another page, will this page displays on the same inline frame? As in the previous page is replaced by this new page?

Re: Question on Inline Frames

Have you got the URL
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Well not yet, I just want to ask before I begin working on the other pages. As my question is... I have this inline frame already with a URL attached, if I click on my menu, will a new URL replace the first URL? Because that's what I want to happen - an inline frame that displays different URLs upon clicking the menu.

Comment

At some point the i frame should have been given a name IE: "if1". When you want another page to appear in the frame from a link on the main page type in the target box field if1 in the same pop up window where you have entered your link.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok I've given the inline frame a name of "if1" and the "target=_if1" of the menu...
          what about the URL field of the inline frame?

Comment

Once you have given the iframe an initial url & name that is the only thing you have to touch in the iframe.
            For a new link to appear in the iframe from the one you initially set it as, you just make a link as normal on the main page, but tell it to appear in the if1 iframe by typing if1 in the target field. Also check out the tutorials here.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X