Ausiecol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ausiecol

Hi to every one,I just joint today,my name is Col and I am from Australia, and i think this website building is great,I have made my index page header already,I am going slow to make sure I get it wright,there are 3 things I would like help with,if any one can help it will be great.
    When I do the page properties thing,general,background, meta tags,etc do I have to do this for every other page I make.
    now that I have made my header for my Index page,how do I get it to other pages I want to make,so it is all the same on every page.
    In the drop down boxes,for example boxes that i want to state what country are you from,do I have to type in every country or is there a way I can do this,this goes for all drop down boxes I want,thank you very much,I find this project exciting and in the last couple of days I have learnt heaps
    Col

Re: Ausiecol

Hi Col,
    Welcome to Vodaland....you're going to have a lot of fun & this will help:
    1. check all the tutorials for answers to most problems/questions
    2. use the "search" window for a specific that's already been dealt with in a previous thread.
    3. this is the Voda Lounge where we talk about anything UNrelated to web building.....you know? ;)
    good luck
    david
    BTW a template for your header should do the trick
    !
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Re: Ausiecol

Hello Ausiecol. Yes you need to add new page descriptions for every page you build. So... if your page relates to a particular subject... ie, "pets for sale", then you need to describe the content of the page in your meta tags. ie: Everything you need to know about dogs & cats. Independent Articles, Reviews & Advice... (Maximum 25 words) Fill the description with key words whenever possible. If you do not do this for each page it will be seen as duplicates by the search engines. Your 'Page Description" is very important. Take your time and think it through. In regard to your other question about counties, there are free downloads available to achieve this. One site you could look at is here I'm not sure if it has what you want but a good starting point never-the-less. It would help greatly if you could publish your URL so I can take a look.
      Good Luck
      The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
      X