Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make an english version of my french website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make an english version of my french website?

Hello,
    I am making a french e-commerce website and I would like to know how I change languages and make the site in English and maybe in dutch? Thank you.
    My temporary URL : http://208.43.222.137/~chipoupi/index.html

Re: How to make an english version of my french website?

You really need someone fluent in both the source & new languages. Some people suggest Babelfish, but, like most computer generated translation programs they are not, in my opinion, accurate enough grammatically &/or idiomatically. If you don't know someone personally, there are pages on the net advertising freelance translators. Go slowly....& ask for quotes - you'll be amazed at the range between min. & max. LOL
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you for your answer, but I am fluent in 8 languages so that is not the problem. My question was more about how to change languages on the website and where do I make the new language site to be under the same URL. And where do I find the language logos? I am completely new at this...so it is more about the technical side. Thanks again!

Comment

Do a search for County Flags or language flags and link them to their respective pages.

Id do this buy makin a folder in the main domain for each of the languages and then publishing the site to those folders in that language.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X