Help needed with Guestbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Guestbook

Got my guestbook up ok, but I'm getting it filled with spam.
    I cannot figure out how to get into it to remove unwanted comments
    Help please?

Re: Help needed with Guestbook

If in the admin area of the guestbook there isnt a way to do this.. then you would have to go into the files or the database and manually delete them or delete them when you view them.

Most dont use the guestbook because of the spam issues and use wordpress or other blogs as the comments and responses can be easily removed and or approved in the admin area.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you mean the built in BV guestbook, just go in the admin area and you will see that under each post, there is a link to delete it.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry to be dumb but how do I get to the "admin area" please?

Comment

IF we are talking about the BV built in guestbook, then you :

1. Open the guestbook page in BV, and double click the guestbook-

2. Click on the Advanced tab

3. Check the "Show Admin Link and fill in the password field with whatever password you like

4. Save and Publish

Now go in your Guestbook page in your browser, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Admin login" . Use the password you entered in the settings to login.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks did that. Many of the spam sites I could delete but some had"delete" as an item not aligned left that would not be clicked.
            So I decided to get rid of the guest book. I deleted it from the page, uploaded the new page without guestbook and.. its still there.
            Any ideas?

Comment

Sorry, cancel that. Did it second time of asking

Comment

Working...
              X