Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to A Create Dynamic Inline Frame?

To BV Support or BV Users:

I'd like to setup a dynamic inline frame on one of my webpages. When I say "dynamic", I mean that URL within the inline frame is changeable based on an external action. The external action, in my case, would be the click of a button on the same webpage.

Here's the "mock-up" of what I'm trying to explain. Please see www.the-busy-kitchen.com/gifts.html.

As you can see, I have three buttons at top (OnClick1, Onclick2, Onclick3). When I click button 1, the inline frame should show URL-A. When I click button 2, the inline frame should show URL-B. When I click button 3, the inline frame should show URL-C. Currently, when I click each button, each separate URL loads to a new window. So, I guess another part of the question would be, how do I link each button so that they change what's inside the single inline frame?

Thank You!
    Cheryl

Re: How to A Create Dynamic Inline Frame?

I can't give exact instructions on how to do this in BV since I don't use BV, but what you need to do is:

1) Set the "name" attribute for the iframe
    2) Change the buttons to be links, and set the link "target" attribute to be the same as the iframes "name" attribute.

When you click the link it will then load in the iframe

You can use the buttons instead of the link, but then you will need to create a form for each button, setting the "action" to be the page to load in the iframe, and the "target" to be the iframes "name" (just like a link).

Again, I can't tell you how to do this in BV, I am not entirely sure it will let you set a custom target.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi Watdaflip,
      That sounds like it would make sense, but unfortunately, the BV I-Frames don't appear to have the ability to name multiple attributes. You may be on to something about using forms.... In any case, I appreciate the message.

I'm hoping a BV Design Expert can help me with this.

Comment

This is accompolished by re-configuring a "roll-over" script, and setting it to automatic hyperlinking rather than the "hover-pause" with a click required to engage the link most are written with.

You can browse the library of base scripts at www.DynamicDrive.com or www.HotScripts.com to find one that inspires a tweak solution that will satisfy your needs.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK a bit fiddly but Ive done this and i'll try to explain how the best I can

THE I_FRAME
          - Insert an I-Frame and name it, say 'gifts'
          - Assign a url to this I-Frame so there is something in it when published

THE PAGES OR IMAGES TO BE DISPLAYED
          - Make sure you have all the urls of all the pages or images you will be displaying in this I-Frame

LINKING TO THE I-FRAME
          - Highlight the text or double click the image. You need 'properties'

LINK TAB
          -Assign the url of the image or page that this link is going to relate to.
          - Set 'Target' To open in new window or I-Frame
          - Set value to 'gifts' (remember this is what I named the I-Frame)

EVENTS TAB
          - Add or create an event where the 'event' is set to 'onMouseOver', 'action' is set to 'Show' and 'target' is set to InLineFrame1

Then repeat for all your other links

Its been a while since I did this so I am hoping Ive covered this clearly. Here here is my example
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
          X