Trouble with my guest book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with my guest book

Hi i have just added a guest book on to my website. On my bluevoda website builder the guestbook is within my template. Once i have published it the page is completely different and this message

Warning: date() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/jvfoaypd/public_html/ourguestbook.php on line 248

-
    is repeated underneath over 30 times. Can someone please let me know what i am doing wrong??

The page with the link to my guest book is:

and the link to the guest book is at the bottom.

many thanks

Re: Trouble with my guest book

Hm......

You have some mistakes there.

1. The link to guest book page in your menus should be "ourguestbook.html"

If, for some reason that i can't know, the page built in BV must also be php, then simply use a different name for the php scipt (in the guestbbok properties, Advanced)

2. The issue you have at the moment: you probably tried to put in the guestbook some text copied / pasted from elsewhere. Seems like this text had some NL (new line( characters) that cause the text to break thus creating this issue.

There is no other solution that deleting the specific post or the entire guestbbokdb file (whatever you have called it)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Thanks for the help,

I have managed to fix the first problem and changed the page to html.

In my guest book i have deleted all of the text and retyped it yet the warning message still appears. I have looked through all of the forums and cant seem to find an answer. Shall i delet the guest book and start again?

Thanks Again

Comment

I suggested that you deleted the guestbook database FILE from the server, I'm not sure what you mean by saying "In my guest book i have deleted all of the text and retyped it"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X