Large Text is Pixellating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Text is Pixellating

I figured out how to prevent my shapes from pixellating by checking the anti-alias box.

It is another story with making smooth, large text from 24 to 72 point.

Is there a method I am overlooking that can make the large text more "vector-like", with nice smooth corners and diagonal edges?

Thanks for the help.

P.S. This part of my post is just a ramble... I am already well into over a thousand posts of reading up, and I have seen all the vids and tutes, etc. Most of my questions are due to exhausting all resources and simply being exhausted, LOL.

Sometimes I feel guilty about asking because I feel like I didn't do enough, but one of the problems I face is when I type a keyword into the search box, it tells me:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    1. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : ftp"

...and then when I manually search, I see FTP everywhere. Anyways, I will simply ask because my time is limited and I have a deadline to get a website pasted and glued together so my customer is happy [chuckle] (they have no idea about what it takes to build a site from nothing; with nothing provided from the customer side to create a focus on template scheme, color, menus, etc etc) Okay, I have rambled enough, but at the end of the day, I would rather be no where else than in Pattaya Thailand designing websites. Ahhh! Thanks BV. The more I peruse your resources, the more I am overwhelmed with the amazing techie goodies I need to brush-up on in order to make a spot-on website.

Re: Large Text is Pixellating

Hello again. Hmmm! It sure would help to know how to get my text to calm down and stop pixellating. I cannot find any anti-alias for this.

It is important to know because I will be using the H1 through H6 codes and when I get to 24 point my Eras Light ITC looks like it is made from leggos.

Anyone? Please?

I have already re-installed my BV Builder and cleaned my caches and temp folders with Secure Clean.

Regards!

Comment

Sure could use some help here...

If it is an easy answer please let me know. I really need smooth text.

Thank you kindly!

Comment

I still have not found any remedy for my BV Builder text getting "boxy", or pixellating at the larger font sizes required to follow the "H" tag standard.

I must be missing something so simple that people are too embarrassed for me to answer, LOL.

Please let me know if there is a remedy for this. I assure you I have scoured the forums and tried just about every keyword under the sun, but to no avail.

Is there perhaps an HTML code I can insert to smooth it out, and if so, what might that code be?

Regards...

Comment

Hey John, unfortunately I have no answers for you. I am amazed at your patience if you are really into reading over a thousand posts, especially having that deadline; want to share some of your patience or secrets???

I have had the same problems with the search feature (a simple phrase as "pdf" or "pdf download" among others) and would like to address this problem as soon as I have a bit of extra time.

How are you using the "H tags"?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Smooth edges setting is in your OS if you are using XP.

You also need to optimize your internet browser options in advance.

If you are using FireFox good luck.

I stopped using FF and switched to using IE & Opera.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you Zurietman. That gave me improved results. The 72 pt font is still a bit ragged, but much improved. The box to check is "Clear Type" under the "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts:" selection menu. It seems to add a bit of a "feathering" effect to the fonts. Nice!

It is funny how my thinking was not "outside the box" and I was focusing on the BV Builder as a resolution, instead of the CPU and Monitor that allow me to even work with and view my BV builder. Ahhhh! Live and learn.

I looked at Opera and liked the layout and accessibility of the user interface. I am not so sure that many people are using Opera, though. I believe that IE and Firefox are "it" for the time being. I use FF and IE for viewing to get an idea of the lowest common denominator of all the search engines; IE for the page change and scroll bar effects, and FF for the view that most people will see.

FF is quite useful for their add ons, which really assist in resource gathering (i.e. media grabbers for keeping a nice file of tutorial videos).

Thank you for the assistance.

John

Comment

Working...
              X