Securing Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing Images

I am an artist and am displaying my art on my website. Is there any way to secure the images so that they may not be copied?

Thanks for any suggestions.

SGN
    SGN
    www.sgnbatiks.com

"ART DOES NOT HAVE TO BE DEPRESSING TO MAKE A STATEMENT."

Re: Securing Images

Not really--if it's on the net it can easily be gotten. Probably the best methods are to either put a low-rez version of each picture (96dpi is all a screen can show anyway; printing out a 96dpi image looks junk) or watermark the art.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks for your input.

The images are at 72 dpi and saved as low rez (level 4) using Photoshop Elements. The artwork is also watermarked with my copyright and name across the face of the image. The average file size is between 25K an 40K.

I didn't think it would be an issue but I just wanted to check considering the power of image edited tools like Photoshop and Corel Draw.

I have been on some sites where the written copy and the images were not able to be copied or saved. I was curious as to how that was accomplished.

SGN
      SGN
      www.sgnbatiks.com

Comment

They were not able to be saved by cut and paste or right clicking due to some script on those sites. However, they can be had within a matter of seconds by other simple methods such as screen shots or page source info.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks Tom.

I was doing some reading and you are correct. There is always some way to get at the text and/or images.

SGN
          SGN
          www.sgnbatiks.com

Comment

Working...
          X