Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain W3 CSS error

Hi,

I checked out my website and found a report saying I had a W3C CSS error.

Searched the net for a meaning and came up with a validator, and then did a check with it.

Problem is I don't understand the result, so I would be grateful if anyone could explain and tell me how to fix the error, and what problems it might cause as it is.

The message I got from the validator was:

Validation Output: 2 Errors

1. Line 160, Column 77: end tag for "B" omitted, but its declaration does not permit this
    …000" face="Arial"><b>OVERCOME </font><font style="font-size:24px" color="#FF0

1. Line 160, Column 58: start tag was here
    …e:24px" color="#000000" face="Arial"><b>OVERCOME </font><font style="font-siz

1. Line 160, Column 222: end tag for element "B" which is not open
    …lor="#000000" face="Arial">is....</b></font></div>

Thanks for any help
    www.startgettingpregnant.com

Re: Please explain W3 CSS error

There is an outer tag that is closed before a bold tag is closed. And then when when its actually closed the opening tag isn't present inside a different set out outer tags.

Anyway, short of deleting the text where this is happening and adding it again (this may or may not fix the problem), or manually editing the html code there isn't a way to fix it.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Please explain W3 CSS error

Thanks a lot for the explanation, I appreciate it.

www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Working...
      X