Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homepage

Could anyone please tell me how do i link my homepage to my domain name, i've linked all the pages together but how do i link the home page? :(

Re: Homepage

I hope I understand you correctly:) try this.........save it as an "index" file, and publish it in your "public_html" folder

Comment

Originally posted by gueorgui
      I hope I understand you correctly:) try this.........save it as an "index" file, and publish it in your "public_html" folder
      I'm not sure if i understood you :)
      I've saved all my pages to
      BlueVoda Files(*.bvp) ...(even my home page what i called"front1")
      so all my pages are linked together but "front1" isnt linked to my domain address witch is www.djmermaids.co.uk hope u understood me ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dkmermaids
        I'm not sure if i understood you :)
        I've saved all my pages to
        BlueVoda Files(*.bvp) ...(even my home page what i called"front1")
        so all my pages are linked together but "front1" isnt linked to my domain address witch is www.djmermaids.co.uk hope u understood me ;)
        Your home page MUST be called "index". That's what the browsers will look for when entering your domain name. If it has any othet name, (even Index, or INDEX) it won't work. Also, your name servers are still pointed at Lycos, so when you click on www.dkmermaids.co.uk it still takes the visitor to Lycos
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have changed my homepage to index cheers, I've also sent you an e-mail.
          i've paid to transfer my domain to here yesturday morning. How long should it be be4 i get a comfirming email? Does it come from vodahost or the company i got the doamin name from.
          Once my doamin is here,,Will my homepage (index) automaticly link together?

Comment

Got the email. Added you to msn. Yes, if you have published the index page, as soon as the transfer is complete, it should appear automatically. Time for DNS propagation is 24 to 48 hours. Actual transfer time may vary from company to company, usualy 24 - 48 hours. However, your site doesn't appear anymore on Lycos, which makes me think that the transfer process in in course
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              Got the email. Added you to msn. Yes, if you have published the index page, as soon as the transfer is complete, it should appear automatically. Time for DNS propagation is 24 to 48 hours. Actual transfer time may vary from company to company, usualy 24 - 48 hours. However, your site doesn't appear anymore on Lycos, which makes me think that the transfer process in in course
              Thank you ,, hope i dont have to bug u to much in the further. Knowing me i'll soon get stuck again ;)

Comment

Working...
              X