Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV11 Beta Bug Report

Couple bugs, errors or weird happenings with the new BV11:
    1. Cannot open ABVFP forms setup in BV10.2 (unexpected file format)
    2. If you change form background colour >>layout>> in form properties (nothing happens)
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Re: BV11 Beta Bug Report

I can't open my index page now because it says "unexpected file format"

And I can't seem to get rid of BV11 and revert back to BV10.2

Do I need to save a copy of all my webpages and then completely uninstall BV?
    THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

Comment

NM. I just uninstalled BV11 and installed 10.1

everything is back to normal. I like BV11, just need to fix the bugs in Beta. Can't wait for the final release!
      THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

Comment

I just installed bluevoda 11. everything was fine. Then I made some changes to my index page. Tried to publish. All the settings were correct, I even got the message that it had published. Then I went to my website, it had not been updated. Now what???

Comment

It may be cached. I know everyone always says this but sometimes it works. Push F5 until it refreshes.

Once I forgot to change the page type from html to php after adding forums. Nothing was working because I was still looking at the html page and not mysite.com/index.php

If this doesn't help, then I'm not sure.
          THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

Comment

I did as suggested. Still no joy.

Comment

send us a link and we will tell you what we see, that way you will know if it is your caches or not.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

The link to the website is:

americanpatriotgames.com

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer View Post
                  Couple bugs, errors or weird happenings with the new BV11:
                  1. Cannot open ABVFP forms setup in BV10.2 (unexpected file format)
                  2. If you change form background colour >>layout>> in form properties (nothing happens)
                  I have the same problem with the pages containing forms. What to do now?

Comment

I open my cpanel and noticed in the /public html file that there are two index.html files. One is 31.92kb and the other is 39.63kb. Should I delete one or both and try to republish?

Comment

I also can't open my contact form page to edit and I too get the 'unexpected file format' message. I have been in touch with Support all day yesterday and they instructed me to uninstall BV11, clean my system with CCleaner and then reinstall BV10.2. After doing all this I still can't open the file to edit. I am still waiting for them to suggest something else. It's a shame cos I put a lot of work into this page :(

If I have any success in resolving the problem I will post it here.

P.S. Sky Pilot, I've just noticed that I also have 2 'Contact' files in my file manager but I'm not sure that this is the problem as I think that it's just the BV application program that doesn't recognise the file. Could be wrong though.
                      Last edited by Garyjon; 07-22-2009, 12:00 PM. Reason: to add something

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                        I just installed bluevoda 11. everything was fine. Then I made some changes to my index page. Tried to publish. All the settings were correct, I even got the message that it had published. Then I went to my website, it had not been updated. Now what???

Hi Skypilot,

It may not be BV11's fault. Try clearing all your browser cache or refresh your page.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                          I open my cpanel and noticed in the /public html file that there are two index.html files. One is 31.92kb and the other is 39.63kb. Should I delete one or both and try to republish?

Hi Sky Pilot,

Delete the old index page. It will not affect your new one provided you checked "Change all files" at the time of publishing the new index page.
                          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyjon View Post
                            I also can't open my contact form page to edit and I too get the 'unexpected file format' message. I have been in touch with Support all day yesterday and they instructed me to uninstall BV11, clean my system with CCleaner and then reinstall BV10.2. After doing all this I still can't open the file to edit. I am still waiting for them to suggest something else. It's a shame cos I put a lot of work into this page :(

If I have any success in resolving the problem I will post it here.

P.S. Sky Pilot, I've just noticed that I also have 2 'Contact' files in my file manager but I'm not sure that this is the problem as I think that it's just the BV application program that doesn't recognise the file. Could be wrong though.
                            Thanks a lot! Will waiting some info from you may be it will be succesfull

Comment

I have had the same problem with Forms getting the unexpected file format message and unable to access the form in BV10 or BV11
                              Regards

Adrian
                              www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Working...
                              X