Transparent background on buttons and shapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent background on buttons and shapes

Hi, I have a lot of rectangles with rounded corners and rounded corner buttons and the corners are all showing when I preview. I really need them transparent (The rounded corners), can this be done?

Also is it important that all the pictures are put in at the right size initially. I have dragged some bigger and smaller. Will this make the page slower to open when I publish or is the difference not significant?

Thanking you in advance for your indepth response ;o)

Sally
    Sally
    www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
    info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Re: Transparent background on buttons and shapes

you either have to erase the white corners by using a software program or cut out the shapes and put them on a transparent background. would be easier if you could give us a link to see what you are doing.
    yes always resize your pictures before you import them. use the pixresizer that blue voda gives you.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I don't know how to give you a link as I haven't published yet. I take it I can't. Do you know a free online program I can use to crop off the corners??

I didn't realise BV had a resizing tool, that's great, thank you!
      Sally
      www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
      info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Comment

Hi Sally,

Use the shape tool in BV to create your shape. Then goto the shape properties and set the Border to just 1 or 2 which should be good enough,
        still in properties find "fill Effects" in the dropdown menu select "Transparent".

Then import your photo using the picture tool. Size your photo to he size of the shape. then rig***lick on the shape border and select "Bring to Front"

Play around until you get the hang of it.

Here is a Free Photo Editor which you can use to crop all the unwanted parts of the photo [so it is lighter] and save it as a .jpg

Then goto VodaSupport>download and download PixResizer which you can use to resize 10, 20, 50 photo files all at once.

The PixResizer can also reduce individually the pixels in your photo to enable it to load even faster than cropping. Set the .jpeg slider to 40-50% depending on the *****ness and quality of your photo.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

another good picture manipulation program that is free is getpaint.net
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X