X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered member on my Joomla website

Hi,
    I'm busy with my new Joomla website and is making good progress. Vasil/Karen, I like it. (Will give site name later).
    One question. I noticed there was a member logged in on my site and it was not me. This member did not show up in my backend admin User Manager. Could you please advice what I should do?
    Many thanks.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Unregistered member on my Joomla website

Im not sure how they could be a MEMBER but not registered? You mean they are a member but just hadnt logged in?.. or just someone viewing the site? Someone viewing the site is no biggie

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry Karen,

Let me just make it a bit clearer. I can see how many guests and members are online. Currently we have only two members doing admin work,etc. At one stage there were 3 members and some guests online. Both of us here, then logged out and there there was still one member logged. He could have registered himself, but I do not have any record of that in my User Manager in the backend.
      So, the question is: How can someone register without me seeing that in my database?
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Maybe the third member was viewing and it had logged his ip address, but he hadnt logged back in yet.. but it was still showing him as a member viewing?

Never have seen that.. your user would have to be registered somewhere in order for it to pick him up.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
          So, the question is: How can someone register without me seeing that in my database?
          They can't.

Every registration must be processed according to the script provided by the CMS, which is fully notated in the Admin areas.
          Often Users will appear "online" if a window of last activity is left running without the browser being reset/refreshed, or if the User had multiple windows/tabs open but only logged out of one of them. However, it is impossible for a "new" user appearing altogether without having been processed through the system itself, unless they were manually entered by a System Administrator (or Super Administrator): this is possible if you have 'shared' access or given status to another "Webmaster" type that has abridged your site?

It may be as simple as refreshing your own browser to make sure your system is not "layering" due to interrupted or poor connection. This often happens also when you leave your computer running for a very long time (with or without a screensaver), have multiple windows/tabs open when logged in for long periods, or are running on an improperly configured network (hard-wired or wireless -- which also suggests you re-validate security of any wireless configurations if they are being used).

Registration protocols also apply to anyone "subscribing" to your CMS ... as in RSS or other feeds. There is no anonymity in CMS subscriptions.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Karen and Vasili. Apologies for this late reply, but I only saw it now. That is sort of what I figured. The Joomla forum also replied similarly. That situation did not occur again. In the mean time, my site is coming along though very slowly as I have to take care of my customers first.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

If it happens again, stay logged in, and open up phpmyadmin. There should be a table that stores some session data. I don't know offhand what session data it will store in its database table (That is up to the design of the software), however you might be able to find some duplicate information between the same user.

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks Watdaflip. I will definately keep this in mind. Going to run it as a test just now...
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

No need to explore phpAdmin .... Joomla is fully protected, and will run scripts redundantly without stacking User Data or Session Logs.

I was simply an abberation on your system!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X