frank rogers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frank rogers

I do not have a hosting account yet, will happen this week, am trying to get a few things straight in my head before publishing, how do I put a name on a page, double click on name and go to a description page ?(biography of name on former page) do I have to add seperate pages to do this? I know this has to do with hyperlinking but I am not sure of the technical names for all of this, this is my first website and am lost as a goose. is it possible to give me 1-2-3 directions on how to accomplish this. Thanks

Re: frank rogers

Did you try using the tutorials.??? Believe this is covered there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have read every tutorial about 10 times each, their might be one that I have not seen that applies to this or either I dont have sense enough to figure what it means, could you please tell me which one applies to this, thanks

Comment

Theres a WHOLE section on hyperlinking

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sorry Karen, I still dont see it in my limited pea brain, I will wait until I publish it and then see if I can get it right. thanks

Comment

Frank if you are referring to naming the individual pages all you need to do is right click on any blank area of the page and a box opens. Click on page properties and in the default general page at the top is a box which will say "untitled page" Type your page name in there. The video tutorial on naming pages is nº 2 Naming pages in Blue Voda.
            Regards

Adrian
            www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

& don't forget that you wont be able to "test" the links until you have published - links wont work in 'preview'
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated, here is what I want to do. Funeral home website---click or double-click on deceased name----this will carry you to an obituary----What do I have to do to accomplish this? Do I have to set up another page in website to post obits so this can be accomplished? I do not know all of the computer phrases so I am at a disadvantage to start with. Thank you so much for listening.

Comment

Yes .. you have to set up another page or link to someone elses page where the obit exists.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen, How do I do this? The name that I would click on is on my "obituary" page, how do I intergrate another page into website that has obits listed on it and not show up as a page of my website? Are we confused yet? thanks for listening.

Comment

I am fixing to start publishing my website, I would love to have the answer to my last question before I start, would save me a lot of re-publishing. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Frank
                        You will need to put each individual obit on it's own page not all on one page. Then on the page that lists the names you link each name to the page where the obit is displayed. To do that you highlight each name, right click on it and a box will open with a list of options one of which is "link" click on this and enter the obit page name in full i.e. http://www.yoursite.com/pagename.html
                        Hope this helps
                        Regards

Adrian
                        www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Adrian, thanks so much for answering, just one more question and I should have it in my head, where is this single obit page in reference to my website? where do I put it so it can be referenced? thanks, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank.
                            I am assuming you will be creating the obit pages for each person. In which case you will have to make a seperate page for each one and publish it in your site, presumably in the persons name i.e. johnsmith for example therefore the link will be, as detailed before, yoursite.com/johnsmith.html as the extended link from the list of names to the obit page. Of course if the obits already exist on another website you can link to that site by inserting the full url of that site and location of the obit in the link box.
                            Hope this helps
                            Regards

Adrian
                            www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Great, thanks a million, I think I finally have it. will start publishing tomarrow. Thanks again, Frank

Comment

Working...
                              X